Tuesday, September 12, 2006

WHAT'S GOIN' ON...

... with me lately? Hmmmn...

  • I'm still reading The Alchemist. Correction; I have not yet finished reading The Alchemist. I will, just ain't had time.
  • I've been eating a lot of nuts and fruit and berries and cheese.
  • My favorite beverages of late have been Purple Haze and Pepsi Jazz (strawberries and cream) with rum.
  • I've been listening to a lot of Collective Soul, the Cure and the Amandla! soundtrack.
  • Trying to get my mind in gear to go back to working daylight hours. Should happen next week or the following week. Forget trying to get the body in gear. No sense in that...
  • Have been severely neglecting my friends and getting together. Need to remedy that.
  • I have been scribbling notes and ideas for some poetry. I've really gotten remiss with my writing. I will probly continue to also...
  • I'm mourning the passing of what was to have been a great summer. I thought working the night shift would afford me the opportunity to get out and enjoy more of our summer days. Instead we had an inordinate amount of rain and sweltering temperatures. Now, here it is, September already. I LOVE Autumn. Let's hope we have a better Fall than the Summer we had. Can't quite bear the thought of winter coming.
  • Been fighting some new sleeping patterns that aren't exactly working for me. Yawn. Might as well go try some of that now.

Y'all have a good day. There was something I wanted to tell ya but I forget what it was...

************************************************************

6 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si: Au contrare, mon Amie. (I have no idea how to spell that...) I am not. But I have an idea what happens to people who blog too much aboot their jobs, so I'm keeping mum... Nice that you're happy for me tho :-)

10:57 AM EDT  
Blogger Mark said...

Collective Soul and the Cure. Very good choices but, depending on the album choice of the latter, emotionally at opposite ends of the spectrum (for me, anyway).

Good luck with all those hopes. I'm sure you'll nail down a few of them.

12:52 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mark: thanks for that vote of confidence, you don't know me very well... I seldom accomplish what I set out to do, when I'm done procrastinating, I'm too tired.

This page looks so cute with you Dads and your boys... ;-)

8:15 PM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

I love the Fall temperatures in the States... especially in the northern states. Hope your sleeping patterns get back on track and you're able to enjoy some of the nice weather coming your way. It'll be planting season very soon in Bahrain and I'm so looking forward to it.

I love Collective Soul and the Cure. Gosh, I haven't listened to either of them in so very long. I also write poetry, but my muse has been on vacation for a LONG time! ;)

Have never tried either of those drinks but they sound yummy! :)

2:57 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

tooners: Planting a garden or flowers? I'm geographically challenged when it comes to your country, I will learn much from you.
What Cure and CS songs are on your favorites list? Those are two bands that I have a hard time picking favorites.

1:18 PM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

planting flowers... i've grown a few tomato plants but i don't have much luck w/ them. flowers take off in november and last until about may, later if you're lucky.

the cure... i have a few songs that i really love, but i can't remember the names. i'll have to look in my cd's and find them, then i'll tell ya. i saw them in concert YEARS ago... at Reunion Arena. i used to be really into alternative, but i don't listen to it as much now. sometimes i get in a mood and that's ALL i want to listen to...

collective soul... well, i used to have 2 cds of theirs.. but many of mine got broken in the move and i think they were part of that bunch. i like their older stuff better. things like breathe, heavy, and shine.

12:14 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home