Sunday, August 27, 2006

AUGUST 27 @ 6:30 AM (two posts for the price of one today, folks!)

It is so very wonderful to be alive. How would I know this, you're wondering... Let me tell you.

I had just watched my new dvd, Collective Soul's "Home" concert. I finished a can of cashews and a bag of dark chocolate covered raisins. The endorphins were surging through me and I was feeling incredibly peaceful and sated. I noticed the sun starting to come up and went out on the back porch for some more good feelings. I was SO not disappointed. It had rained a bit through the night and the air was very fresh and sweet. The night sounds were still buzzing and chirping, mingled with the morning birds starting to sing. No traffic sounds, no people around. Everything is still incredibly green and beautiful. Was like my own private little wonderland. As I sat on the swing drinking in the sights and smells and sounds, I started to think about all the people I care aboot and then all people in general and thought "what is everyone doing right this minute?" and I wished they all could be feeling exactly what I was. The peaceful satisfaction of breathing in and out and loving the sensation of just that is something we all take too much for granted. This is what I wish for you today, not just my loved ones but all of you... a moment in time to just stop and experience the wonderful, exquisite feeling of just being alive. If life could only be one long continuous string of moments just like this... and we could share it with one another. What could be better than that? What, really?
******************************************************

4 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Simon: :-))))) That's how it happens, one baby step at a time. Sharing is my favorite thing. It's my motivation in just aboot everything I do. And when it comes back, I shine.

8:42 AM EDT  
Blogger ravi said...

Wow this is just beautiful. I wonder sometimes how the thot processes look similar..is it because we all are human beings..where the colour of blood is red..eyes see..ears listens..mouths speak..mind thinks..hearts beat..sometimes in agony sometimes in elations sometiemes it misses someone..sometimes just to sustain this machine..but it beats all the times..and sitting like this n imaganing about someone..feeling the things around you..and occasionally swinging head..and just giving a smile at the thot..is a day dreaming. I totally agree with u that if life cud be one long continuous string of moments..one after the other what could be better than this? Certainly nothing better cud be than this..but then again this is a real world. God bless

3:04 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

what a beautiful post! you write w/ such ease and you express so much. i would love to have a morning like this in bahrain. i can't wait until the rainy season. the cold weather brings something magical to this part of the world... and i'm ready for it.

i'm glad you experienced such a beautiful morning. i love how you were able to "drink" in all of your surroundings. here's to more of them for all of us. :)

2:41 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ravi and tooners: Glad you enjoyed
this. Too bad there isn't a back porch big enough for everybody in the whole world. Would be fun, no?

9:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home