Friday, September 08, 2006

MY FAVORITE ARTIST IS...


John W.Waterhouse. The picture here *** supressing severe enthusiasm for fear of retribution of gargantuan proportions*** is The Lady of Shalott and hangs over the fireplace in my livingroom. Yes, it is an original and I paid 2.4 million dollars for it. Yes, you can have it for 2.5. ;-)
Nah, it's a print, matted and framed nicely and I love it. You can check out John and some of his other work here. He's awesome, no? My awesomeness pales in comparison, but you DO see the picture here, do you not???
I can't get the "John" down where it belongs, of course. This was looking like it had the potential to be my most beautiful post of all time. Ah well. Have a good day.
********************************************************

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will wonders never cease...

Congratulations!

9:54 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this new? I'm hoping I would have remembered seeing this the last time that I was there.

One of my favorites! I came upon 'The Lady of Shallot' when I first started watching Anne of Green Gables and I've been a huge fan ever since (eh, doesn't matter how I got there, just that I did! hehe). Except, it was the Tennyson poem first, painting second. Either way, both are beautiful (and so tragic) and I was so excited to see this post today. :)

Have a great weekend!

12:53 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/sigh Y'know...after I had posted I thought I had misspelled that. Sure enough, I did. Oh, gimme the option to correct that! :)

Congrats on the picture posting, btw.

5:24 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ade: Hi :-) Hate to tell you but that picture has been hanging above the fireplace for at least 5 years... If the misspelling really bothers you, I can delete it but you'd have to promise to recomment... I wouldn't worry aboot it, my readership has dwindled to a critically low level... Have a great weekend :-)

12:08 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ju: Thanks :-)

Si: You Smart Ass (_!_)

2:13 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

What a beautiful painting!

3:05 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home