Monday, September 11, 2006

THE LITTLE CHILD IN ME...

... still can't walk past or around a mud puddle without feeling a slight urge to leap into the very deepest part to see how big a splash I can make.
... has been known to drink the left-over milk from a bowl of cereal- right out of the bowl.
... still has to push the TRY ME buttons in a toy store.
... feels the excitement on Christmas Eve and opening cards and presents on birthdays.
... loves, and I mean LOVES to play in the sand.
... gets just a little antsy in the face of authority. Just a little... So don't tell me what to do.
... loves to draw on the sidewalk with chalk.
... gets a rush from an honest-to-goodness Snow Day. And...
... misses chomping on a snowball, or sucking all the water out of a wash cloth. (I know.)
... hates to go to bed. What if I miss something good?
... misses my Gram making finger curls in my hair.
... loves peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches. Or pb and Marshmallow Fluff.
... seriously loves a bubble bath.
... would love, love, love to crawl up on my daddy's lap and let him nibble on my cheek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Love this list. What's childish about drinking the last of my cereal milk straight from the bowl? Maybe the question to reveal these "child in me" actions is "Would I do it in public?" I suppose I wouldn't. I guess I'll always be a kid at heart.

Love that quote from Bangs, too. So fitting for so many of the blogs I read (well, I only read three or four).

9:21 AM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

Nice post. Makes me think of what really makes us adults. I think it is doing things we don't like for the benefit of others. It seems like with adulthood comes the necessity to abandon all in life that is simple and self pleasing.

3:56 PM EDT  
Blogger FĂ«anor said...

Indeed, any sort of button - whether it says "Try Me" or not - is just asking to be pushed if I am in the vicinity.

8:20 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mark: Hi! I think what we do and don't do in public is what differentiates us from Simon. Er, I mean Animals. I try to live by that quote from Lester.

Si: I hold on to that little girl with both hands! Kidding up there^ ;-)

Chinnu: Interesting name. Nice of you to visit :-)

TC: You have an uncanny knack for hitting nails on heads... Yeah, maybe it sounds negative, but the Truth often is. I heard song lyrics just this morning that referred to "a beautiful lie" and "the ugly truth".

Anomie: It's kind of like trying not to bite a hangnail. An unexplainable compulsion!

F'nor: You do have a thing for pushing buttons ;-) How are you anyway???

10:21 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

I have to say, I love every one of your items here! Ever tried making snow icecream? yummm! We used to make it after the first snow in Indiana. Could never wait for that and would still love it now! You bring so many good memories to my mind... :)

I think I'm still a child at heart and hope I always will be!

3:01 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

tooners: Nice to see you back, kiddo. From what I know of you, there's definitely a child in your heart :-) Never had snow icecream but I make a wicked Mudslide Sno-cone... ;-)

1:10 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home