Monday, August 28, 2006

'AT'S MY BOY...

I'm sure none of you are surprised to hear that I just spent 45 minutes trying to post a picture of my eldest child in a vain and futile attempt at marking his Thirtieth Birthday.
And I'm sure you are also not surprised to see that, indeed, I have failed miserably, again.
I became rabidly determined to write this post honoring my son Michael recently when one of my readers inquired if I had any children besides JuJu. I realize that I don't talk much aboot my son here, and decided to ask him if he minded. "Go for it" is what I believe he said.

Let me tell you a bit aboot this kid. Being that tomorrow is his 30th birthday, I might want to reconsider referring to him as a "kid," huh? It's hard for a mom to accept that her son is a MAN.
This man, Michael, is an awesome guy. He's ridiculously handsome and amazingly intelligent. He has a sense of humor to rival professional comedians the world over. He's got an uncanny talent for reciting comedy routines word for word and a comprehension for Sports statistics, etc. that just blow my mind. You know those people who seem to excel at everything they do, seemingly without effort? 'At's my boy. He's one of the most likable people you'd ever meet. When I step back and look at him, proudly, it amazes me that I carried him inside my body for 9 months. I've had to crane my neck to look up at him for as long as I can remember. And I do, I look up to him. And I want to wish him a Happy, Happy Birthday.
I Love You, Mikey :-)
***************************************

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Old Man!!

7:54 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

What a sweet post! Happy bday to your son. I hope he has a fantastic birthday. I'm also a Virgo. My bday is tomorrow. :)

I wonder why it is that mothers have a hard time accepting that their boys become men? I see this w/ my MIL. It can be somewhat difficult at times.

2:48 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ju: I will pass on your wishes...
tooners: Hope you have a Great Birthday! As to why mothers... become men? I could write a whole post on that subject. Maybe I will one day...

9:02 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home