Sunday, August 27, 2006

ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF "GRILLING"
My new curious, caring crew has really gotten me thinking. And I'm realizing some things aboot myself that are perplexing me just a bit. A few of the questions I've gotten are slightly provocative and rather "telling." What I'm noticing aboot me is that I have grown up rather repressed and self-conscious. What I'm struggling with at this very moment is whether that is a bad thing or if I should thank my parents for raising me to be (pretty much...) a "Lady." I see now too, that I have spent my entire life in a battle with this... I want to have fun and be fun and at the same time, retain some dignity and class. You know there are always situations where there comes a point that you "let down your guard/hair/whatever" for the sake of a good laugh.
That is difficult for me to do. In real life, mostly. Here, I tend to take liberties. Not that I'm hilarious and smutty here. But still.
Actually though, when I think aboot it, my life is a whole series of this kind of struggle. I am a Pisces and we fish swim in two directions non-stop. (So does this explain why you all thought I was schitzo??? Maybe I should have told you this from the very beginning.)
Now to Jeff's question. He asked me "What is the most risque thing you have ever done in public?" Looking back, pretty much everything I've ever done that could be considered risque was done with the utmost discretion. I've done a lot of those things but not what you would necessarily consider "in public." Once at our camp, I bathed outside. "Bathing outside at camp" consists of stripping down and washing one's body with soap, washcloth and water in a basin sitting on an open truck tailgate. (basin sitting on tailgate, not bather.) It was incredibly freeing and at first it felt really weird being naked outside. But, being that it is neither risque or in public, I guess I'm not answering your question. Here's another shot at it... Once I "made out" in a Corvette (I was going to say in the back seat of a... lol) in the parking lot of a bar aboot ten feet from the entrance. I'm not sure what was more difficult, not being seen or the actual making out.
I've really missed out. Never danced on a bar. Never flashed or mooned anyone. Never had sex in a glass elevator. Never skinny-dipped in public. I better go get busy.
***************************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger ravi said...

so are u sorry for not doing these things? Nice piscean post.

5:51 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ravi: No, not sorry. I'm not a person to subscribe to "cliches" and tend to do things for reasons other than most. My sense of humor is not a good representation of the real me. Most times I can't be taken seriously...
A fellow Piscean? Nice to meet you.

7:13 AM EDT  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i was raised to be a "lady" as well. i don't take a lot of risks and i tend to be more serious, altho i have been known to get crazy a few times. today's generation seem to take a lot more risks and have a "no care" attitude. sometimes it's hard for me to swallow.... it all seems so foreign.

2:45 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home