Thursday, December 15, 2005

WHAT A DAY (FOR A NIGHT)

If tomorrow was Saturday, I would not be sitting here. I think I would very well be out tying on a tight one. (I think I just made up that phrase, did you ever hear it before? I think I like it. I like to make up words, someday I'll do a post all about the words I've made up. I see that you are looking forward to that.) For you see Reader, today was not a good day for me. I haven't had a day like this in such a long time, I'm not sure what to do with it. I will tell you briefly why my day was straight out of the toilet- or in it, you pick. But I'm not going to dwell on it, I have better things to do.

Besides the little incidental things like driving home in freezing rain and not being able to visit a funeral home to offer condolences to a friend due to the threat of even worse weather, I found out today that in about one month, my job will no longer be. I like my job. I work with people I like and am happy with things just the way they are. It's not that I won't have a job, I just won't have my job. Two departments are closing so that another can expand. That's all I'm going to say about that right now. I am going to enjoy the hell out of this job while I still can.
Should prove beneficial for production. I'm doing really well cutting back smoking, I hope this doesn't set me back.

I'm skipping the smile/laugh thing today, just too tired to think any more.
Ditto on the song lyrics.

I don't expect any comments, this post wasn't worth the time you took to read it. I'll make it up to you, I promise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't believe my shock when I read that you liked your job, they must've hid that department from me the whole time I was there! Sorry to hear it's leaving, but not surprised. Good luck in wherever they stick you. (Bet I can guess..)

8:00 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thanks guys, you're swell. I feel better already.

12:11 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home