Monday, December 12, 2005

UNTITLED

Must give credit where credit is due. Yesterday's post title, "Fast and Hard" is a Tommy Stinson song from "Bash and Pop". He, like Paul Westerberg, is a former member of The Replacements. Highly recommended by me also.

Since I'm rushed (again) I have decided in lieu of a time-consuming original post, I am going to resort to, of all things, thievery and steal a meme from Mr. R. Cactus. I'm positive he won't mind. I don't want to spoil my readers. BTW, Mike, am I using the word "rush" enough for you? (Too bad I don't know how to make your name blue so everybody can click on it and see what you're all aboot). On to the meme:

Seven things I hope to do before I die:
1. Learn to speak French fluently.
2. Paint a masterpiece.
3. Figure myself out.
4. Meet my great-grandchildren.
5. Find that there is a cure for Meniere's Disease.
6. Quit smoking
7. Visit Paris (2nd choice, Las Vegas).

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Get through a day without music.
2. Watch reality TV or much TV at all.
3. A cartwheel, never could.
4. Remember shit.
5. Accept limitations
6. Balance a chemical equation.
7. Eat a Sloppy Joe without mayonnaise.

Seven things that attracted me to my spouse:
1. Washboard Abs (then)
2. Great eyes (still)
3. Such a Gentleman with great respect for women (still)
4. Gap between his front teeth (still)
5. Generosity (still)
6. Broad Shoulders (still)
7. Extraordinarily ethical and moral (still)

Seven things I say often:
1. "Cool." (translation- That is so cool!!!)
2. "Bless your heart." (trans.- That was so sweet, thank you!)
3. "Re-e-e-a-lly?." (trans.- How stupid do I look?)
4. "C'mere." (trans.- Come closer so I can kiss/slap/lecture/whatever you.)
5. "Hey." (trans.- Hello, Hi.)
6. "How YOU doin'?" (trans.- I'm pretending I'm from Brooklyn and I would like to know how you feel today.)
7. "What the ....???" (trans.- What in the name of Zeus is that idiot Dubya up to now???)

Enought of that. I must go to bed now.

STHTTMML: A friend at work was pretending to be Amish and ended up sounding Japanese instead. You had to be there.

GSL: "We watch the world from the padded cell And our eyes scream what our lips must quell." from "We'll Inherit the Earth" by The Replacements.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretending to be Amish and sounding Japanese!? I bet that was classic, makes me wish I was still there... ah, good times ;)

5:48 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home