Monday, December 05, 2005

PSYCHO PHARMACOLOGY

I'm thinking, tell me if I'm wrong, that it would be way cool to have pills you could take that would "help you along" (just a bit, mind you) in difficult or uncomfortable situations. Just suppose you're faced with a really significant interview for a dream job that would change your very life. There's a certain amount of stress involved, a fair amount of perspiration expected and a very specific amount of kissing up without going overboard. What normal person without the benefit of a situation-sensitive drug could snag that position? Not I, even on my best day. Imagine opening up a little pocket-sized leatherette case chock-full of little capsules in a beautiful array of colors for a virtual panacea (correct me if I'm using that term wrong) of situations you might encounter. Better safe than sorry, my husband always says. Which brings to mind a perfect example of one such occasion. A holiday with the in-laws! (I am SO kidding here but for the sake of this post, humor me) I recommend 2 of the magenta dolls, one each for the obnoxious bro-in-law with the Casanova Complex and one for the yippy barking scruffy mutt that gets locked in the bedroom for 4 straight hours and rolls all over your black coat that's on top of the pile on the bed. Follow those with a lime green fat-blocker so you can gorge on all the calorie-laden fat-dripping yummies displayed on six card tables and an ironing board. The lavender pill next to the fat-blocker will induce an artificial coma in 6 seconds flat so you can pass out on the couch with all the men and escape the scrubbing of the pots and pans. Add a swig or two of wine and Hubby is driving home for sure.

Please keep in mind that I am not promoting the casual use of drugs, prescription or otherwise. The drugs mentioned in this post are purely fictional and if they should seem to bear a resemblance to any actual drug, it is purely coincidental. I must remind you not to try this at the home of your actual in-laws. On a Holiday or any other day.

What do you think? Any occasion you can think of that might be eased with a little pharmacological help?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually what situation couldn't use a little help from casual drug use? ;-)

12:30 AM EST  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Mom! Jenny sent me :)

11:27 AM EST  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'd pay a hell of a lot of money for a pill that automatically toilet trains your child...

PS Jenny sent me!

1:08 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, visiting the in-laws, oh, what I wouldn't give to just visit my in-laws. Let me know when there's something that will ease living with them... (Luckily I won't have to do that too much longer!!)

4:54 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Jeff A's answer.

8:23 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home