Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ONE WINK...

I guess maybe before any more time passes, I should explain my choice for my Blog title. But first, I want to say this: I am blown away by what I found today when I clicked on my site meter! Holy Toledo! I only "announced" myself this weekend and if word of mouth (thanks Ju!) is this powerful, I'm choosing a cause to promote because I think we can change the world! I'm learning that there are tons of lurkers, cuz I didn't get a whole lot of comments. Maybe I need to write something controversial... Nah, if you know me at all you know I'm not that kind of girl ;-)

Anyway, my title. If you've read me up to this point, you know I'm a fanatical Replacements fan. My favorite song on the first album I listened to (All Shook Down) was called One Wink At A Time. It was beyond catchy, the lyrics are funny and cool, and I identify with it totally. And very danceable, which is strong criteria for my musical taste. If I find out that I can print the lyrics here with no problem, I will.

The other reason is this. When I was very small, my father taught me to wink. Evidently, he thought it was pretty cool that this little child had this amazing talent and ever after, his nickname for me was "Winker", which later was shortened to "Wink". My father passed away in 1989, I miss him immensely and when I think of him, he's winking at me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hi Mom! My name is AL, I linked to your site from JuJu. Welcome! Technically, we are not the same age, but in blog-months we are (I started in November '05, too). We have something else in common . . . I, too, derived my blog title from my Dad's nickname for me!

10:07 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you're discovered! I was hoping for this- a hint from your daughter! I loved it! You are great! I read your entire blog- keep going!
As I sit here and ponder how ready I am for Christmas, (NOT at all!) a dangleing spider hangs from a web in front of my face! I think I need to dust!
Thank you Jenny!- You've added yet one more to my favorite list! (Yes! You are one too!)
Great job Winker- don't worry about "WHO" reads! I LOVED it!
Love,
T.

11:10 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool way to name your blog. Mine is pretty easy to guess why!

1:08 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There...

I finally read back far enough to figger out what your acronyms were for. And the reason behind your blog name.

And if you get toooo jealous of my linking links in hyperlinks in comments and such, I can show you how. Winker.

5:39 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww this is cute. i am daily piglet b/c my dad called me piglet. i weighed 10 pds 4 oz when i was born. he died 2.1.06.

11:55 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home