Friday, December 09, 2005

TALENT SHOW

The weekend is finally here. Let's have a little fun. A lot would be better, but I'm being realistic.

I'm about to divulge a few bits of what could be more than you bargained for. But hey, we're all adults here and nobody twisted your arm to come here. (Or is that how JuJu got you to come over???)

Here's how this little game works. I will tell you as many of my weird little talents that I can think of and when you're done scrunching up your face or snickering or whatever, you can share yours with me (and the world). K? K.

1) I can say the alphabet backwards. Fast. So can every other member of my family. It's a prerequisite if you're considering marrying-in, so be warned.

2) I can cross one eye. Either eye. You can too, it just takes an ungodly amount of concentration.

3) I can write backwards. Totally useless talent; unless of course, you're a Bond Girl on an undercover mission in a country where English is a secondary language (and therefore undistinguishable backwards), which is why I learned to do it...

4) I can sign my name backwards and upside-down (simultaneously!). In cursive, no less. This one I think is the most impressive. And was hardest to perfect.

5) Just once, I tied a knot in a cherry stem using only my mouth.

6) I seem to have a knack for doing something perfectly the very first time I try. (but rarely again after that.) The first time I shot pool, I picked up a cue stick and shot the ball in the corner pocket. The second time, I hit the ball off the table. Third time, broke the light over the table.

7) I also have a talent for saying the absolute wrong thing at the wrong time but luckily that doesn't happen terribly often. It's a common talent, no?

So it's your turn now. My "impressed" quotient is a little low today, blame it on the snowfall :-P

STHTTMMS: While shovelling snow off my front steps tonight, I heaved one big shovel-full over the bannister and let go with one hand. The momentum knocked me off balance and I came very close to ending up head first in a huge pile of snow. Not as funny as it would have been, but it make me snicker.

Good song lyrics I heard today (GSLIHT?) "You don't need to ask directions if you lose your mind..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a knack for getting into trouble, that is my most prominent talent.

1:47 AM EST  
Blogger Amy said...

I can curl up the sides of my tongue and whistle through it. My daughter (3) tries to do it and hums - it is so cute!

11:40 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can whistle and hum at the same time!

9:09 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

What a group of talented readers I have! I thought for sure someone would tell me they can sleep and operate a hair dryer at the same time...

12:16 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home