Friday, December 02, 2005

SOMEONE TAKE THE WHEEL

It makes me insane when the people in power, the "higher-ups" who make the decisions that affect our lives, implement rules and pass laws that, not only don't make sense to me, but sometimes just seem downright ridiculous. Case in point: This new idea that certain objects which previously were banned by airport security will now be allowed; namely scissors and tools of a certain length measurement. Our Homeland Security has determined that allowing these items will free up security and grant them more time to look for more dangerous items like bombs. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that if security has to stop and measure items in question, is that not going to take more time than simply confiscating all said banned items? Maybe I am overlooking something here. I never claimed to have a great thinking mind and often complicated issues will confuse and befuddle me. But this seemed simple and clear to me. Simply and clearly stupid. Please tell me if I am missing something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

Hi, I came by from your daughters blog. I completely agree with you on this one. I don't think it was a bomb that the hijackers used on Sept. 11 either.

11:48 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I'm not sure what I wrote that gave you the impression that I don't think a bomb was used on Sept. 11...

5:45 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home