Saturday, December 03, 2005

PLEASED TO MEET ME (part III)

You sick of getting to know me yet? If you are, read no further. I very much would like to have a "100 Things About Me" on my sidebar for you to ignore if you so chose, but alas, I am not that savvy blog-wise at this time...

You could call me a Pacifist, I am anti-violence in all respects except that I lose no sleep over squashing an occasional spider and I love to kill flies. There's something deeply gratifying about saving the world from a filthy, pesky fly.

I rarely eat red meat. But I have a confession (please tell no one). In the past, probably 8 years or so, I will break down once or twice a year and devour a Bacon Cheeseburger with ketchup, onions and pickles like there is no tomorrow. But very recently and then for three consecutive weeks, I have enjoyed a certain burger at a certain fast-food mecca owned by a certain guy, Dave. The burger is smothered in cheese, mushrooms and bacon and dammit, I may well be addicted. But that's a secret.

I cannot deal with absolutes. Nothing is black or white for me. That gray area you hear about so often, that's where I live. I detest numbers (too absolute), formulas, schematics, percentages, clocks, thermometers, scales, calendars, schedules, measuring cups, deadlines, rules and rulers, instructions of any kind, phone numbers and zip codes. I do however, color INSIDE the lines. Go figure.

I am a true Pisces, always swimming in two directions at once. I constantly struggle with that heart/head thing. Heart usually wins out. I'm not a good decision-maker because I change my mind a hundred times before the final decision.

Common sense and rationality are not strong suits of mine, although I am fairly logical. More optimistic than pessimistic. More trusting than not. I always look for the positive in people and am not quite ready to surrender my faith in the Human Spirit.

Enough for now. Need to go check out James Blunt on Sat. Nite Live. If he's as good live as recorded, I'll add him to my new favorites list.

1 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thanks for that, Mike.

7:47 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home