Sunday, December 04, 2005

WHO KNOWS

Some things I often ponder...

Like why it is that you inevitably find yourself behind a car going 40mph when you're driving somewhere in a hurry. And why 87% of the time it is a Dodge that's holding you up. Either there is nowhere to pass, or if there is, there will be oncoming traffic. Or Mr./Ms. Pokey Pants will miraculously speed up in a passing zone.

Why you can count on the telephone ringing when you sit down to dinner or are "busy" in the bathroom. I love answering machines, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Why the comfort level of your bed increases directly proportionate to the number of times you hit the snooze button on the alarm. I'm guessing that level peaks the moment my feet hit the floor.

You know that tickle you get in your throat sometimes that develops slowly into a full-blown coughing fit that causes your eyes to water profusely and your face to turn ten shades of red-to-purple? Why does that happen in the middle of an All Associates meeting at work?

Why is it that you can live in a house for X-number of years and still walk into a room and reach for the light switch on the wrong side of the door? Tell me!

You strive to take care of yourself and eat healthy foods. You watch your fat intake and your cholesterol level and steer away from sodium-loaded foods. Why must all the healthy foods cost double the price of the crappy stuff you can buy at the grocery store?

Ever notice that, when shopping for clothes, if you don't try something on, you're pretty much screwed? Why isn't there some sort of universal sizing? In my closet right now I have pants that range from a size 3 to 9-10. And they all fit the same.

I am not a sports fan. No way, no how. And yet on every news broadcast there is a sports segment that lasts from commercial to commmercial. Aaarrrggghhh! Why isn't there a time slot featuring Art or Literature, Home Inmprovements or Fashion? Or Comedy, that would be good. At least something I would be interested in.

Why is it they never say the name of the new great song you just heard on the radio?

Why is your best hair day the same day you have an appointment to get it cut?

You have answers? I got questions. Have a good day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for that song thing. That was a selling point for my truck. The radio has a readout to tell me what song is playing on the radio. I never have to rely on the DJ again!

12:33 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the Dodge driver is typically wearing a hat. And the cost of healthy food? Holy crap!

8:26 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Can't believe I never noticed the hat thing. I will now ;-)

5:42 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home