Sunday, December 18, 2005

TIME IS KILLING US

Wow, today is a slow day in my Blogworld. None of my regular reads are posting, nobody is commenting here, everybody must be busy. I'm guessing it's that time factor, or rather the lack thereof. I'm keenly aware lately of how precious mine (time) is and how hard it is to function within its boundaries. A person can only accomplish so many tasks in a day. I was never good with deadlines (one, of many, reason(s) I am not enjoying a fruitful career in "my field" which is graphic art). At this point in my Holiday preparations, I'm facing a multitude of deadlines in a day's time. Making me just a teensy bit loony, which I didn't want to happen. I haven't folded yet, refuse to. I'll stay up all nite if I hafta'. Dammit.

I called a friend this evening to offer my condolences, her nephew is the young man who was killed a few days ago. I am friends with the entire family but closest to her. We have not had TIME the past couple of years to get together nearly as often as I would like. And now here is this tragedy that forced me to make the time to sit down and contact her. If I could do it now, what stops me from picking up the phone more often? That bugs the hell outta me. She's a dear, dear friend and I think about her so often. We have different schedules, I guess; there are times that I think to call her and I'll look at the clock and it might be too late to call. There is always (what seems to be) a reason. I am going to work on that in the New Year, keeping in touch. I have invited her to read here, so at least we will have more contact. Won't be the same as in person, but who has TIME? Arrgh!

So many times I look at Rude Cactus and think, My gawd, where does he find enough hours in a day to accomplish all that he does? The Great Mystery of Life...

There's a song that Collective Soul does, called "Slow". I've been listening to it a lot lately. The chorus says "Slow, slow down, Boy, slow down to control." I'm wondering how you do that when time just keeps ticking and ticking away.

Well, I haven't solved a dam thing here, just kind of whined on and on. Somebody stop me! I never intended My Blog, my long-awaited, dream-come-true blog to be a bloody Whine-fest. Funny thing is, I always feel better when I'm finished posting. I worry about you, though...

SFTTMML: You need to go up there and click on Jazzy's site, Shooter's Station, and look at the picture she posted on Tue, Dec. 13th. LMAO

GSL: "I cupped my hands around you and I swore you would fly, My tears fell through the dirt as I heaved you to the sky." from "Darlin' One", the Replacements.

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brad Pitt. Come and get your present. Oh, I meant cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home