Saturday, December 17, 2005

SOMETIMES

Sometimes... I like to be by myself. Sometimes I need it, just because. When you're alone, you don't have to be "on"; you can think about one thing for as long as you like or need to, no interruptions. You can crank the stereo, sing (badly) if you want, dance to your heart's content. You can look like hell, you can scratch whatever needs scratched. You can burp. You can drink the last of the OJ out of the carton. You can even drink that last bit of milk out of the cereal bowl. You can leave the bathroom door open. You don't have to make the bed. If the dirty laundry doesn't quite hit the hamper, oh well. No need to be considerate. No need to feel like you should make conversation. Leave the cupboard door open, don't push in your chair. Get up when you damn well feel like it and stay up all night. Don't answer the phone OR the door.

Gee, I haven't been alone for a very long time. I think though, that maybe that's a good thing. I would be a virtual slob...

Had a very fruitful shopping trip tonight. And it was completely pleasant and unstressed. Hubby and I had a lovely dinner beforehand and there was no rushing or forehead-rubbing involved. (When I get overwhelmed or tense, I rub my forehead. Sometimes it's a wonder I have any skin left there.) We had a very nice evening. Bonus was that the store we shopped in was open til 11pm and by 10, there were hardly any other shoppers.

One more shopping outing and I believe my holiday purchasing will be complete. Then I can start wrapping gifts which is one of my favorite holiday chores. I admit though, I'm anal about my wrapping. My son can never understand this. I guess it is really dumb when you think about it, it just ends up in the trash in the end. But they look so pretty for a little bit...

I got way off track, was going to write about things I like to do, but only sometimes. Sometimes I like to take long, leisurely bubble baths. Sometimes I like to eat breakfast for dinner; you know, like pancakes or eggs and whatever. Tell me this. I grew up eating waffles and gravy (in another part of the state) and now I can't find anyone around here who ever heard of it, let alone tried it. It's so good! Please tell me someone out there has enjoyed wolfing down a big plate of waffles covered in gravy. I prefer ham gravy but chicken is good too. Anyone???

Sometimes I like to just get in the car and put in some good music and drive. I never do, so I guess I should have said I would like to. I really love my car and the stereo is killer. If I had time and cash to blow on gas, I would do it. And you couldn't stop me.

Sometimes I wait until too late at night to post and I can't concentrate and my mind tends to wander. Sometimes I think that is a good time to quit.

STHTTMML: Shopping tonight, my husband was looking for a certain kind of decoration to hang between the windows in the dining room. (We were in the store that sells all the Martha S. stupid crap.) We met up after a time and I asked him if he found anything to hang... He interrupted me before I finished my sentence by saying, "Yeah, Martha."

GSL: "The last time I saw Elvis he was riding in a pink Cadillac. The wind was blowing through his hair and he never did look back." "He Was King", Neil Young.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definately need 24 hours! I have two children and a husband at home and "insist" on alone time! It feels great and EVERY woman deserves it! And sorry hell, I sure hope I'm one female working with you after we replace them all with males!

9:31 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home