Monday, December 19, 2005

GARY'S GOT A BONER

Ahem. Yeah, it's a Replacement's song. It's also a vain attempt at "boosting my ratings", so to speak. I know you're all busy this week, but if I can sit my ass down to share my soul with you, the least you can do it stop by, dammit. Yeah, I'm a sell-out. I've compromised my morality and am risking being: a) flagged by blogspot and b)lectured by my husband and c)scorned by my peers for lowering my standards in the name of Increasing My Readership. While I'm at it, and since it's probly too late to redeem myself now, might as well write something trashy. Might just hold your interest the whole way through the post...

Let's share. Tell me something that "inspires" you about the opposite sex. Or in your case, Jeff A., women. ;-) Please, keep it PG-13, nothing that I really don't care to know about. I will give an example or two and then trust you all to play fair.

I am "inspired" by watching a man shave. Something about the way he lathers on the shaving cream, how careful he is with the razor. All the strange contortions of his mouth... I like to watch him concentrate in the mirror, oblivious to me being inspired by him. The way he lifts his chin and turns his head from side to side, oooh. Chills...

A man shifting gears while driving a stick inspires me. Especially wearing sunglasses. Gotta have the right music for this to be totally inspirational.

Sometimes my husband will be relaxing in a chair with a book. He sits with one ankle propped on the other knee, elbow on the arm of the chair. He looks all intense with his reading glasses and I, I, well, I get inspired.

A man holding a baby inspires me too, but in a different kind of way.

Ok, so maybe that wasn't your version of "trashy", mine neither. Course, the comments could change that. I'm holding my breath.

STHTTMMS: Shopping at the mall today, hub and I stopped for a bit to watch some little kids visit Santa. The looks on their faces were priceless. If you ever find yourself with time to kill at a mall at Christmas, I recommend hanging out near Santa. Also I found the best record store there. Will probly be my new haunt.

GSL: "I could never take a chance of losing love to find romance" A Man and A Woman, U2

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will go along the same route that you did.

Watching a woman brush her hair, inspiring.

Watching my wife sleep, inspirational, hard to get her inspired though if she is asleep.

Banana's a woman eating a...

oh my too inspired for me

1:12 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen on the driving a stick shift. Nothing is better than watching a man change gears. I am also inspired when I watch my husband paint. Has to do with the concentration factor, I guess. And strangely, I have a thing for watching him pay the bills. Totally inspiring!

6:05 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Uh, Chris. Not exactly what I meant by "inspired" but I appreciate the sentiment and agree with you just the same :-)

10:41 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home