Thursday, November 09, 2006

ME NO LIKE MESSY...

I'm only going to bring this up briefly and then move on to something brighter... My cough seems to be back but HEY! My ribs and back feel better. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. A couple of times I felt better and then got worse. So we'll see. I had the chest X-ray today and if anything shows up I should hear by Monday.

I think I mentioned yesterday that I am thinking of going to a club on Saturday with a bunch of people from work. I am having a bit of anxiety about my decision... Normally I don't socialize with the people I work with. I make a few exceptions (very few). My opinion on the subject is this: When you're out with a bunch of people and there is alcohol involved, there is a pretty good chance that "something messy" could happen. And by messy I mean personality clashes, altercations of any sort, you name it. And if there might be more than one gender involved the possibility of messy is increased tenfold. All of this isn't a terribly big deal, I'm not the type to get in the middle of messy. But when messy happens with co-workers, there exists the probability that these people are going to be faced with each other's faces every day at work. Not a good place to be, in my opinion. As I said, the chances of something happening directly to me are slim but I would hate to even have two people I work with at odds with one another. That can create a pressure to "choose sides." Nah, no thanks. Maybe I'll pass on this invitation. On the other hand, I would truly love to go out dancing. More than likely, I won't feel up to it and that will just take care of my decision. I'll let ya know what I decide...

Have yourself a Great Friday. I plan to :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should stay home and rest, if the baby comes Sunday morning and you aren't feeling well enough to come, I will totoally blame your partying.

8:23 AM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

I like hearing you talk yourself through it out here on the webbernet. I can almost see those gears grinding in your head.

Go with the assurance that you will not have fun without getting messy.

Then again, we all know what happens when you have assurance. You make an ass out of u and rance.

1:53 AM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Umm, that should read "will have fun." Just call me rance.

1:55 AM EST  
Blogger Buie said...

What you all dont know...is that this woman can breakdance. She rarely backs down from a slick surfaced challenge.

Buie's opinion: If you feel totally healthy, go and have a good time but at the first sign of altercations... FLEE, go talk to someone else, and use the ole "sheesh, i feel bad for whoever came with those losers."

2:30 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

JU: You are getting really good at the mothering thing. lol ;-)

SIMON: Nice new pic :-) That sounds right attractive. The losers would be lined up, I can see it now. :-Þ

MARK: You're getting to know me too well. Back Off.
Everybody knows you can't have fun without getting messy. LOL

RANCE: Oh, yeah. Right. ;-)

BUIE: It hurts when I laugh, but geeze, it feels good to laugh. I love your freely-given support and confidence. You're amazing. Thanks xo

2:59 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Uh, SIMON: I biggened your pic as big as I could and still can't quite read your face. Help, please.

3:01 AM EST  
Blogger The Sassy Orange said...

You're so like me. :-) Or I'm like you. I try not to socialize with co-workers and alcohol for the same reasons.

2:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home