Sunday, November 05, 2006

CHANCES ARE PRETTY GOOD...

... that this could turn into a decent rant before it's all over and done with.

When you've been sick or not feeling well for an extended period of time, your thinking tends to take on one or the other of a couple trains of thought. One, you look at your life as a whole and realize that, yeah, maybe I take a few too many things for granted. Maybe I'll concentrate on the positive things in my life and learn to appreciate them for the blessings that they are. I could easily learn to adopt a more positive and gracious outlook, having experienced this illness and realizing how fortunate one is to have no (major) health problems.

Another pattern of thinking that one may adopt in a situation such as mine is much simpler and easier to describe. It will go something like this: Everything bites and I'm freakin' sick and tired of feeling like this and don't come near me or I'll bite your friggin' head off and spit it down your scrawny neck and kick you in the shins and laugh my fool head off and still be pissed off.

I'm shoulder-deep in the latter of the two. So help me, every teensy little irritating thing I encounter just makes me want to haul off and destroy something. I could take a sledgehammer to a picture window and not even blink. I could run over a skunk on the road and stop and back over it again. I could throw a decent-sized mudball at the back of an old woman's head. I could park in a handicapped spot and glare wickedly at anyone who questioned my choice. I could pour a gallon of bleach in a fishtank and watch all the little albino fishies float to the top and laugh diabolically. And then toss them one by one into the toilet and flush and flush and flush. . .

Ok, so I got a little carried away there. I wouldn't do or derive any pleasure from any of these despicable deeds. I'm just a little testy, you see. Number one, I have a new grandson arriving any day now and until I'm completely recuperated, I won't be able to visit the JuJu Clan and help out and/or enjoy the new little one. And number two, I am allowing myself only 2-3 cigarettes per day, hoping to work my way down to ZILCH.

I'll stop now, I'd hate to have any of you see the mean side of me.

**********************************************

9 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

i think this is funny.... you made me smile multiple times... especially w/ the mud in the back of the head of an old person. now, that's something i'd love to see.

so you've stopped smoking or are slowing down?!!! good for you. i hope the days get better in trying to overcome this. my husband smokes and i keep hoping he won't get totally hooked - he's not at that stage yet. my mom is a smoker and is having serious health probs because of it. my younger sister recently took all the cigs away and ashtrays... and my mom is having serious fits of anger. this post reminds me of that.

6:32 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fish are hoping that you never get better and come to visit.

8:42 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mud hehe old woman hehe heeee, that sounds like fun too!

I am going to keep praying for you to get better soon.

12:54 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

TOONERS: If I made you smile even once, I'm happy :-))) I haven't completely stopped smoking; this is going to sound dumb, but the times I have tried to quit, I always end up with some sort of respiratory disturbance, I guess it's caused by your lungs trying to rid themselves of all the garbage. I just can't bear to think of that on top of what I have now, so I'm going to attempt to wean myself off the damn things... I'm smoking a fraction of what I was which was less than a pack a day. Thanks for asking.
JU: I love your fish, I would never bleach them. Seriously.
JEFF: You and Tooners are a bit warped, you know? Laughing at old women abuse... ;-)

8:40 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SI: It's the meds, I swear. I seem to be wreaking havoc everywhere I go these days...

8:44 PM EST  
Blogger Buie said...

Stop smoking!...Think of the money you will save.

9:38 PM EST  
Blogger FĂ«anor said...

congrats on the new grandson... I hope you get to feeling better. I was sick for like three weeks with tonsilitis once, and I thought I'd never get better.

10:28 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Word has it that grandkid's being stubborn. Here's hoping you meet him soon!

1:39 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

BUIE: Sir, Yessir!!!

F'NOR: GS not here yet, we're hoping soon. I wanna be healthy when he gets here!

MARK: He seems to be taking after his Mama ;-)

AA: Hi! Thanks, I wondered if that Airborne stuff was any good...

4:55 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home