Wednesday, November 08, 2006

YOU KNOW, LIKE IF YOU DROP A BOWLING BALL ON YOUR BIG TOE

Today was my worst day so far with this "ailment". Do I sound like a really old person? I FEEL like a really old person. Not sure if I mentioned or not that I have costochondritis. I have been on an anti-inflammatory for I think, 2 weeks now. I'm starting to notice patterns now that I wish the doctor would have asked me to pay attention to. Later in the day my pain is aboot twice as severe as in the mornings. It also seems that the more activity I engage in, the more pain I have. After a night's sleep, the pain is bearable. Usually after dinner, PD has to help me up if I happen to be sitting on a lower or soft chair. While I'm in the shower with the hot water on me, it feels pretty good. That relief is gone aboot the same time I turn the water off.
The doc maybe could have saved me a little pain and aggravation had she told me to try to limit my movements. Most of my job involves reaching all over a lab table, repeatedly, with my arms mostly extended. And being that I work in a controlled area where we are required to gown completely, at least 8 times per day (not including potty trips) I must sit on a stainless steel bench and put on (or take off) a cover-all type suit that may not touch the floor in any way, shape or form. Also required are shoe coverings which are to the knee with numerous straps and snaps that must be fastened. In other words, more bending and stretching.

Today being, as I said, my worst day for pain to date, I called my doctor to ask her if there is anything additional that I should or should not be doing. I mainly wanted to know if I should try to limit my physical movement and if it's a bad idea for me to go out dancing Saturday night with friends at Big Dogs. Now I believe that is a legitimate concern, don't you? Before this um, BIG HURT, the only thing that would keep me away would be a new baby for the JuJu's. Now it looks like no big fun at big dogs just big hurt- home on a saturday night.

I've been writing this post off and on for over an hour now and not even sure what I've written. At any rate, I'm to go have a chest X-ray tomorrow to rule out anything more serious than the CCD-itis. I almost wish it was something else, something less painful. I feel like such a whiner. But honest to God, this hurts B-A-A-A-A-D.

*****************************************************

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Simon. If he could bleed for you I would help him!

j/k Simon

I do hope you get better soon. I am off work till sometime next week at least. It is getting to me!

12:25 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SIMON: You are too sweet my friend.
JEFF: Ditto, Amigo. I got your link, it took me to "Sorry, what you're looking for isn't here" :-(

6:34 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

I'll be hoping for good news from the x-rays, some minor find that will make the recovery less painful. It sounds like you've long since paid your dues on this one.

10:23 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, I hope you start feeling better soon!

4:20 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

My wife had this same -itis a few years ago, and it was excruciating. I had to stifle urges to be funny, and my heart went out to her each time she coughed or sneezed.

So, same to you now. I've seen it, and I know it's not pretty (and doesn't mean you're old, either).

6:29 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MG: Thanks. Should hear something Monday.
HH: I bet you're sick of hearing about it! It's boring me too.
MARK: Thanks. It makes me FEEL ancient.

9:01 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home