Tuesday, November 14, 2006

KICKING AND SCREAMING

Before I get on to the subject of this post, I would like to say this: I feel like shit. It's a well-known and overdone topic here. I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

I have claimed my pain. I have made peace with my pain. My pain and I are one and the same. Until my pain decides to move on, I will embrace my pain as I would any guest and make him feel at home. When the bastard leaves, I will make sure the door hits him in his bloody ass.

That's all I have to say on the topic except that when he checks out, I'll be sure and spread the news.

Now that we have that out of the way, on to more important business. The business that is causing me feelings of trepidation and no small amount of angst. Blogger is pressuring me to go Beta. The anxiety this arouses in me is akin to that experienced during dental procedures. I don't know what to do. JuJu has her plate full, I'm not going to bother her with this. You all have REAL blogs and have long since deserted this archaic method of publishing. (I might want to think twice aboot what I write here, huh?) I love Blogger, (wink wink) it's just that everyone else I know is constantly goading me to surrender and move on to Wordpress or TypePad or whatever. I just don't have the time or the smarts to do it. I need someone who will let me sit on their lap and talk me through this stuff.

You know, it amazes me- I am 50 years old. I've gotten to be this age pretty much without ever asking advice aboot anything from anyone. It's just not something I do. But now here I am with this keyboard in front of me and I'm so freaking clueless, I can't do much of anything without asking for advice from everyone aboot everything. Drives me crazy.

I'm not gonna beg, but if anybody has any advice for me or is willing to help me change, I'd love you forever and ever. Or even if you tell me I don't ever have to change, that I can just keep this the way it is until the cows come home, I'd be ever so happy and grateful....

Here's your song for today from my Pandora. One of my favorites, Buffalo River Home by John Hiatt. Hope you like it. :-)

****************************************************

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I might have mentioned WordPress, but only after one of your bile-spitting rampages about Blogger losing one of your posts, or not being user-friendly. Maybe their beta release will fix some of that.

WordPress has both a product you can download and install on your own ISP (some ISP's have it pre-installed), allowing you maximum control, but also has a free blog hosting service. Migrating my entire blogger.com blog to WordPress was very simple. There's an easy import feature built-in.

There's also the new Vox.com, a free blog hosting service that is from the makers of Typepad. Looks pretty cool to me, and conducive to photos and video, if you so choose to include them.

11:12 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home