Tuesday, August 15, 2006

HOME ON THE VERGE

(I keep forgetting to say that I put a few more pictures in my top flickr box. I need to find out how to get more than six pictures uploaded at a time (and still be free.) They take FOR EVER to upload. Which is why I haven't put any new in the other box...)
I decided last night that working the night shift has ruined my house. Not my home, my house. It dawned on me that I "forgot" to Spring Clean this year. (Ok, didn't find time.) Do you realize what that means??? The new guestroom and new closet and my bathroom are "safe"; they are new and clean. The little bedroom where the computer is, is safe, cause it got cleaned well when we got the new computer and shelves put up. But the entire rest of my house... *furrowed brow, shaking head and wincing* Poop keeps saying, "Don't worry about it, when I'm feeling better, I'll take care of it." I don't know why it's bothering me so much.
You would die laughing if you saw my studio. There are still odds and ends of miscellaneous crap in there from when we gutted and redid my bathroom. That's on top of all my other crap. Not like it's in my way; I haven't done an ounce of artwork since I started working nights. If I get time, I will photograph it before I tear into it and you'll see before and after pictures. Should qualify me for some Homeowner Makeover Award. Maybe I'll be on Oprah... Actually, if Ty and Co. saw my house right now, they would pick us to be a makeover just out of sheer pity. Might have to hire a dumpster and get some shovels. I get tired just thinking of it. Which is a good thing, considering it's my bedtime. Night-night ;-)
**********************************************************
76. When a stranger asks you for the time, and your fear that you won't be able to answer in an appropriate time span causes you to blurt out, "9:17. No, 10:17! No, 9:17!"

2 Comments:

Blogger FĂ«anor said...

POOP?! I've heard "Poopy" and "PD," but I've never seen "Poop" as a reference before now... I might have just not noticed it before, but you might have crossed a line with that one. LOL

Simon, I'm with you, man, but my wife would NEVER go along with such thinking!

12:20 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just say God bless my mess! We both work wierd hours so cleaning is just not the easiest thing to do!

12:38 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home