Thursday, July 06, 2006

*CLENCHING TEETH, STIFLING BLOOD-CURLING SCREAM*

I am so freakin' sick and tired of Internet Explorer freezing up on me I could just...
But I won't, this is only a bloody machine and I refuse to let it get the best of me. Dammit.
I never had that problem with my old computer. Is it just me, the asteroid or something else???
While I'm irritated, may I mention the weather we've been having??? You know what. It's pissing me off. The 4th of July did not feel like a holiday. Thank you Mr. Rain. This morning I am not sitting on my porch swing enjoying a summer's morn. Thank you Mr. Fifty-five Degrees.
Enough already.
K, I'm done bitching. When I need to get away in my head, I go back to the Vineyard. Going there now...
I don't think I told you we visited a glass-blowing place. I can't call it a factory cause it was more like a little shoppe. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. It was way cool. The tour guide had some of his work on display. They were different-hued glass whales' tails that looked as if they were coming up out of the water, very fluid and simple but beautiful. There are so many techniques to learn and no two pieces are exactly alike. Ok, that was a duh. The guide was cute and I spent more time looking at him than listening... cut me a break.
We visited a Winery too, it started with a C. Something like Chicanery but not. Was interesting. The best part was that I rediscovered Chardonnay. I haven't drunk it for a long time and I think I'm going to start buying some and find my favorite. We tried a raspberry dessert wine that was very good too. I bought some chocolate hazelnut liqueur stuff that I'm going to crack open as soon as I remember to get some icecream.
I went off on my own in Edgartown the day the other girls went to Chappaquiddick. I had no desire to go there. So I went to a library, checked email (shhh...) and checked out some art galleries. There were four I went to that day, my favorite being The Willoughby. I was the only one there except for a man hunched over a PC with tiny glasses perched on his nose. I was lost in the art work, admiring this and wishing I could afford that, when a voice interrupted my reverie. "So is a bovine a pig or a cow?" "Excuse me?" I replied. "A bovine. Is that a cow or a pig?" I replied, "I believe it is a sheep or a cow, but not a pig. I would put my money on the cow." Hmmm.
I went back to my appreciation of art. Soon I was again interrupted. "What's a ruminant?" "It's an animal who chews it's cud." "Are you a farm girl by any chance?" "Ha ha. No I'm not."
That was the initial phase of a delightful conversation I had with the proprietor, Rick Willoughby. He gave me a very personalized narrative of the work and artists displayed in the gallery. He encouraged me to pursue my art and never take my talent for granted.
The Christina Gallery was nice too but stuffy. After a bit I met up with the girls and we did lunch and then the beach for the remainder of the afternoon.
******************************************************
Annoying?
660. Songs that appear on a soundtrack but weren't in the movie.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaco said...

Firefox is a much better browser... Here's the URL.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

11:24 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely firefox. And this weather...I love it!

12:42 PM EDT  
Blogger FĂ«anor said...

Sounds like you need to worry less about pigs and cows and more about FIREFOX (Internet Explorer sucks).

2:48 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's more annoying when the song is in the movie but missing from the soundtrack. Hate when that happens.

4:56 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SIMON: There were aboot 37 more...
R., HH., F.: Thanks, will do.
DANA: You are SOOOO right.

7:18 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home