Monday, July 03, 2006

AND, ONCE AGAIN, IT'S MONDAY...

...and it seems like they just keep coming. At least I'm off work tomorrow night so that will be a nice break after a Monday work night.

I had an excellent weekend. The drive back to my old hometown was great. I usually stop at a restaurant to stretch my legs called Punxsutawney Phil's. Yeah, that's where the famous Groundhog lives. Well, not in the restaurant. I didn't see him yesterday... but I did get to have lunch next to an Amish family and that was cool. The weather was awesome and I had a really good time at the anniversary party. Saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in eons. I love when that happens. Afterward I went to visit my dear Aunt Beth who I hadn't seen for a long time. Then I hooked up with Kate, my best friend and we spent the evening "wreaking havoc", as usual, and I spent the night at her house.
Saturday night Kate and I went to a place called Mojo's to hear a band called Paper Street from Erie, PA. They were just ok but the bass player was quite cute. Before we went in, I asked the guys at the door "Is there anyone in there over 30?" They said sure. I asked if there was anyone in there over 40. "Um, yeah, probly." I knew it would be a stretch, but I asked if there was anyone over 50 there. It was so funny, one guy cocked his head and said real serious to both of us, "Are you cops?" We all laughed and coughed up the cover charge and went in. A nice big black daisy stamp on my hand made me feel ridiculously teen-aged. Getting carded would have felt better but would have been even more ridiculous.
Yeah, there was one guy there who appeared to be 50-ish. But we had a good time. I probly shouldn't have danced with my knee all banged up but I have no will-power. It hurts today.
I will get back to vacation stories maybe tomorrow. I need to look up the names of some of the places we went. I don't want to mislead you. There were so many places and being that we spent time in all the different towns on the island, it's hard to keep things straight.
Last Friday I printed one hundred and forty six vacation pictures. Whew. And I think flickr will allow me like 6 pictures per month... Will have to pick only the really good ones.
One more thing. I bought a book on vacation. Well, I bought several, actually. If you're wondering why I spent time in a bookstore on vacation the answer is this: I LOVE books and bookstores. I was on vacation to enjoy myself. I enjoy books. Anyway, this book is sooo funny. It's called Don't You Just Hate That? 738 Annoying Things by Scott Cohen. I will be sharing some of my favorite annoying things... For instance:
269. When the button you push on your remote control doesn't respond at first, so you push it again and get channel 33 when you wanted 3.

2 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

I just uploaded and ordered prints too. I had ones from Christmas on that hadn't been done and everyone was bugging me for them....I ended up ordering them from York because I don't have a photo printer and it is much cheaper to go with them, but still the quantity made the total large. Guess I won't have to order for a while again.

11:49 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

mishka: Hi! I find that I print way less pics normally since I got a digital. You know that they're "there" if you need them. York??? Are they still in business? I used to send my pictures there all the time.

11:46 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home