Monday, July 03, 2006

FOR ART'S SAKE

On Sunday of our trip, if I recall, we went to the Grange Hall in West Tisbury to take in the Artisan's Festival. The Grange Hall has some interesting history, I've learned. In 1994 it was rebuilt by volunteers who traveled to New Hampshire and dismantled an historic barn, brought it back to the Panhandle in West Tisbury and reassembled it. I'm guessing that was no small feat, being that getting to the island requires boat or air transportation. Anyway, back to the art part.
There was some fantastic art, some really original things. I learned what Chine Colle' is from an artist named Renata Radcliffe. That means Chinese Collage. But I think it's the French pronunciation... She worked with hand-made papers and inks and fabric. She was too young to be such an accomplished artiste. I was jealous. Very.
I think I fell a little in love with an artist named Ingrid Goff-Maidoff. She was aboot the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen close-up. She had green eyes, just aboot the color of mine, which you don't see often. They looked way better on her. Her face was pale and flawless with a pretty blush of pink across her perfect nose. Her hair was blonde but not terribly, and framed her face with a wispy, curly halo. She had the rest pulled back in a messy knot that looked like she just didn't care. She looked like a watercolor and her voice was just as gentle. Anyway, her work was way cool and I bought a bunch of her stuff. Very intricate, fantasy-like designs with verses she'd written. I loved one of a goddess and the moon that had a really nice poem. I will probly frame that and hang it in my studio for inspiration. One of her designs was accompanied by the words "Tell me, friend, what world do you see through the eyes of your heart?" Nice, huh? She even had a metal lunchbox like I carry. You know, the kind we had in grade school.
Tomorrow I will tell you aboot a couple more of the artists, in particular, one who really made an impact on me. More than Ingrid even...
Going to work now. Yippee. Talk aboot annoying...
246. The average human falls asleep in only 14 minutes. Many people who read this statistic tend to ponder it in bed each night, making it more difficult for them to fall asleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I had a tan plastic one with a bright red '68 Ford Mustang on it. Go figure.
What aboot your best friend's mom???

9:27 AM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

14 minutes up in 3 another 14 minutes out again over and over all night.

2:41 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

TooC: You need some Ambien, Dude. Or some serious beer ;-)

11:44 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home