Wednesday, June 28, 2006

SATURDAY NITE WAS ALL RIGHT
I don't mean that to sound like "just alright", it was great. Me and TOG went to the Offshore Ale House for dinner and entertainment. It's a cool place with a nautical decor, good food, barrels of peanuts at the door, shells all over the floor and some good entertainment. Saturday night it was Pete and Mike. They are mere children but had a really good sound. They played a lot of music like Dave Matthews, accoustic stuff. I enjoyed them and told them so, dammit. A really good song they played was called Tastin' Chocolate, Simon. (You can hear it if you click on their site.)The place was really laid back and the waitresses were fun and cute.
I had Ned Casey Pizza and blueberry beer for dinner. And peanuts. I asked the waitress who Ned Casey was. Just a guy who had been there once and ordered a pizza just the way he liked it and it caught on. It was great. But hold the anchovies, please :-Þ I can't even remember what all was on it but some kind of olives I'd never heard of. They were green but tasted black. Or maybe they were black and tasted green.
I think that later that night we went some other places because I seem to remember dancing to something reggae. Yeah, that's right. What I said. I think it was at the The Rare Duck. I'ts not that I was drunk that I'm having a hard time remembering, it's cause we went so many places.
The Ale House is in Oak Bluffs, my favorite part of the island. Our house was there and you could walk to just aboot anywhere you wanted; shopping, beaches, food, bars. Laid back during the day and hopping at night.
Time for bed. You know what? I think I left my heart on the island. Nothing feels as good here as it did there. Must go back. Now. Good thing I haven't unpacked.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've tried blueberry. Peach and strawberry, yes. Blueberry sounds good.

5:49 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

The beer was good but not nearly as good as raspberry, my favorite.

7:05 PM EDT  
Blogger 2complx said...

I had raspberry abita beer, I love New Orleans! I didn't think I would like it but everytime I go back I gosta get me some purple haze. Man does the water sound nice.

5:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home