Monday, June 26, 2006

LO-LO-LO-LO-LO-LA-AH

I'm excited as heck to share some of my vacation with y'all. Of course, you must understand that some of "what happened on the island, stayed on the island." Cut me some slack ;-).
As for The Other Girls (heretofore to be referred to as TOG), if they want to fess up to anything, they're welcome to add their offerings in my comments. Don't count on it... I'm not at liberty to tell.

First off, let me tell you. Martha's Vineyard is everything that my friend Kate promised, and more. It's a magical place. I should begin by telling you some of the very colorful history of the island, but it's been a long night at work and I'm anxious to get to sleep soon. Maybe another day.

I started keeping a meticulous journal which lasted until all of Monday. So I'll need to rely on my (?) memory for a lot of this. Poor You. Anyway, instead of telling you all we did, day by day, I'll just relate to you some of the highlights of the trip. Hope you have your reading glasses and a couple of weeks with no other pressing business to attend to.

I want to tell you about a really great restaurant/nightclub we went to called Lola's. It's a charming place located somewhere on the island, don't ask me where. I'm pretty sure it's in Oak Bluffs, where we stayed. I'm pretty sure because once when we passed it I thought that we could probly have walked there from our house. If we'd had to.
We started out with dinner. The maitre d' was a very genteel gentleman who seemed very knowledgeable aboot the island and it's colorful history. He reminded me of my Uncle Jack. He seated us at a table that was covered in a leopard-print velvet tablecloth with all the crystal and silver you'd ever want to steal. The leopard-print napkins were folded perfectly and slipped inside the water goblets. The room had a very distinct style with black wrought-iron scroll work in the archways and around the windows. It reminded me of maybe New Orleans. Our waitress (Heidi/Helga?) was adorable, with a thick accent from Belgium I think. I had jumbo stuffed shrimp which was to die for. It was stuffed with lobster, crab and baby scallops with melted cheeses and garlic, wine and butter. They served it with a salad and yummy garlic mashed potatoes. I was trying to choose an appropriate wine from the wine list but TOG weren't interested, so I think I just had iced tea.
I wanted to tell you aboot the rest of that evening but, I'm sorry, I'm really tired. I will finish this tonight or tomorrow. Did I make you hungry???

1 Comments:

Blogger 2complx said...

MMM seafood. you said New Orleans man I miss that place. sounds like a dream.

4:39 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home