Monday, June 12, 2006

TO THINK OR KNOT TO THINK

Seems that in the short time that I was away, all the things I wanted to say got all balled up in my head and now there's this huge knot of drivel clogging all the arteries in my brain. It's probably the cause of brain aneurysms and if I sneeze, get the hell out of Dodge.
A couple more hits of coffee here and maybe I can untangle something worth mentioning.
Ha. A funny thing happened on the way home from work this morning. I stopped at the MAC machine to acquire some cash. I inserted my card, checked my balance and punched in the amount I wanted to withdraw. In the meantime, I think I turned and put my purse on the seat or something, whatever, but I turned away from the automatic teller. I heard the machine cough up my dough and turned back to retrieve it. The slot was empty. What the hell. There was a full moon last night, don't tell me bank machines feel the effects of the lunar pull... Nah. But I thought, dammit, now I have to stay up and wait for the bank to open and call and get this straightened out. I don't know now what gave me the idea, but I had this picture in my head of a MAC machine spitting out money all over the place. You don't suppose...
I tried to open my car door but I'm really excellent at pulling up close to the machine so I don't have to take off my seatbelt so I couldn't open the door. I pulled up past the machine and got out and there were my fifteen twenty-dollar bills all over the freaking pavement. With wet tire tracks on them.
I'm guessing the security people who watch the video today will be snickering. Wish now I had just looked up at the camera and flipped it off.
Going to go have breakfast now. At this point I am completely addicted to Simon's Reese's F---ing Toast (By the way, I bet the mini chips melt better/faster, am I correct? I've been using the semi-sweet regular size chips and have no complaints...) If I can't get to sleep, I will either do some laundry, wash my newly-streaked-blonde hair or come back on here and post or chat or email or play Spider Solitaire or something equally exciting. Who knows. Y'all have a great day.
Happy Birthday to my Awesome Handsome nephew Alex. Love you, Buddy!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll stick with Starbucks myself. That toast sounds scary!

7:54 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOO The big 2-1...Thankkkks!


oh wait, I'm 19...But thanks anyway :-)

12:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOO The big 2-1...Thankkkks!


oh wait, I'm 19...But thanks anyway :-)

12:13 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home