Sunday, June 11, 2006

HOLEY MOLEY...

According to my dashboard, this is my post #201. Who ever woulda thunk I'da had so much to say? Well, that's debatable. I was reading through some older posts last night and I seem to get stuck on a few subjects. Must get some new material.
Let's try this out for size- I must mow the lawn today. It is one of my least favorite chores around the house but one that I get a great sense of satisfaction from when it's finished. Looking at a beautiful, well-trimmed lawn is far and away more gratifying than a cupboard full of clean dishes or a shiny, pristine toilet bowl. I'm thinking now of my list of gratifying experiences. Time to implement the bullet function. Let me bang off a list here... bad pun.

Top 10 Sources of Gratification in Winkworld:
  1. Exhausting, mind-blowing sex
  2. A scrumptious 5-course meal
  3. A really heart-felt hug, from a very short or tall person and anyone in between.
  4. Three words; "I Love You"
  5. A fully-functional and operational iPod. (yet to be seen. don't ask...)
  6. Being understood.
  7. An end-of-the-day, well-deserved, uninterrupted cigarette.
  8. Waking up feeling rested (if I remember correctly)
  9. A good work review accompanied with a raise
  10. Knowing, at the end of the day, that I did my level best at everything I attempted.

I could have gone on and on there. I have a lot of gratifying things in my life come to think of it. Those listed are not in any particular order of significance...

Tell me some of yours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine that there is no particular order to your list, but I be "Exhausting, mind-blowing sex" remains at number 1! Again, glad you are back

4:32 PM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

A- most likely. Thanks.
Simon- Good luck and good luck.

8:09 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home