Saturday, June 10, 2006

THE MOON, THE DARK AND OTHER THINGS
I'm seeing some weird patterns in my thinking. I'm a big believer in synchronicity, coincidence and the idea that all things are connected in some way or another. When I'm thinking, (which, ok, isn't all that often and never completed) lots of times I start at a point and before long, I realize that I've "linked" to so many other (sometimes even unrelated to the original thought) ideas that I'll start approaching something near to what I started out pondering.
Earlier today or tonight or sometime in the past, who knows? I was leafing through a music catalog and came across a Cowsills release. If that makes no sense to you, you're too young to be reading here and up past your bedtime... They had a song called "The Rain, the Park and Other Things". A real classic tune. *clears throat* Anyway. Later this evening, actually aboot a half an hour ago I was enjoying my nightly visit with Mr. Moon on the porch. It appears to be full tonight, or nearly so. I was thinking aboot the lunar influences on people; psychotics, pregnant women, people in general. Oh and werewolves. But I noticed that a full or nearly full moon has a calming effect on me. I am a fan of Mr. Moon, I have a pewter likeness of him with little tiny chains attached with little stars and clouds hanging on. It hangs on my rearview mirror in my car and is my constant travelling companion. I have a gold pendant of a half-moon with a teeny star cradled in the crescent that my brother gave me for Christmas years ago. I wear it alternately with my cherished Nana pendant given me by JuJu and Poopy when LittleJuJu was born. Not sure why I'm telling you this, except to illustrate that I have a long-time love affair with Mr. M.
So anyhow, I'm sitting on my swing pondering the Moon and all his influences. Dark Side of the Moon crossed my mind and for a bit I was stuck on the dark sides of people and things. Then I thought aboot other songs aboot the Moon. Moon River came to mind, a beautiful old song a lot of you may have never heard. Which is more aboot a river than the moon but... Then I wondered if there is a real Moon River and where it is and made a point to ask here if any of you know the answer to that question. And then I remembered a song I used to love (ok, still do) by the band Alabama called The Dark of the Moon or the Night or some damn thing. I used to like country music, don't anymore, but it was a great song.
Another thing aboot Mr. Moon; have you ever really looked at his expression? It's kind of a startled sadness; as if he was just up there, shining, looking down and suddenly realized what a sorry place this Earth has become and he's fighting back tears. That's just my take on it. I've talked to a few people aboot it and they claim not to see it... Story of my life. I think all my life I've been searching for one other person with my eyes. Still looking.
That may or may not have explained how my thought process worked full circle. It makes sense to me, so I guess that's all that's important.
How are you all? If you think of it, send me your email address, chances are if I had you in my winkerbear address book, it's gone now. I know I need yours, Dana. Thanks in advance. I'm still remembering important things I've lost and trying not to dwell on them.
When we get the computer room/desk back to it's original condition and I'm better able to find things, I will locate my trivia book and post some for you buffs. So get out your dusty thinking caps and be ready. It probably won't be this week as I'm still busy getting ready for vacation and trying to relearn camera operation, picking reading material to take, music, etc. etc. And of course I need to put in a full week's worth of work and try to sleep too. Ok, the trivia thing might not happen for awhile.
Later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaco said...

Welcome back...

10:04 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Oh Simon, we differ on so many levels... lol
Ruby, thanks. Good to see your (and Jaco's) face(s).

10:47 AM EDT  
Blogger The Sassy Orange said...

I so love the moon. I am much happier at night than in the daytime.

12:21 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home