Wednesday, May 24, 2006

SOMEBODY! OPEN A WINDOW!

If I was anal, or even a little bit, I would be opening a new Johari Window. Because... *pause*
(let the excitement build and build to a fantastic crescendo, complete with drumroll and laser light show) no one, I repeat no one, has selected the word witty to describe me. And I have living proof to share with you to prove that I am, indeed, witty. And extremely so. And without even trying. See if you don't agree...
Wait a minute, I need a coffee refill. And while I'm at it, think I'll make another round of Simon's Reese's breakfast treat. Talk amongst yourselves (I love when bloggers say that...) or go google something weird to share.
The anticipation must be incomparably unbearable by now, huh? You're thinking, "Gee, when I was doing the window, I hesitated over the word witty and wondered, should I click on it? Linda seems a bit witty now and then, but not overly so. There are so many choices here. If I click on witty, then what if I come across a word that describes her more than witty? She really hasn't been all that witty lately, kind of bitchy, actually. Hmmm. Bitchy isn't on the list. Oh wait, look there... Sent-i-men-tal... Linda is definitely sentimental; I'll click that. Let's see, one, two, three... six. Done. Finally. God I hope she appreciates this. "
Allright, you've been patient long enough. I will tell you why I believe that I am witty. And this example illustrates that, not only am I witty, it is not even an effort for me. It comes out of nowhere. I totally amaze, I mean, amuse myself sometimes.
As you probly know I have been training for a Quality Control position. It has been both intense and time-consuming as there are a lot of different types of the product to learn as well as shitloads of paperwork and computer programs to learn. Last night was my first night "flying solo," if you will. The woman who has been training me, Annette, is very sweet, uber-patient and is very good at her job. She got a well-deserved break from watching over my shoulder, helping me fix my mistakes and answering a dozen questions at every turn. And I was feeling pretty proud of myself and rather independent. At one point the girl sitting next to me asked me, "So, how's it going?"
I need a coffee warm up. Be right back...
Ok. So, she says to me, "So, how's it going?" And (here it comes!) I say...
*********************************************************************************
Holy crap, it's 8:00. I have my hair in a towel and have to be somewhere in a half an hour. I'll tell you later!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. That's funny. Not.

11:50 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, ok you win. I will pick witty the next time! :-)

12:42 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

You people are the most impatient little brats I've ever come across. You're totally spoiled and suckers in this society of "instant gratification" and all this ME-ME-ME garbage... Why, I oughta... not even finish the damn story. But then, you wouldn't know how witty I am...

6:42 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home