Saturday, January 21, 2006

NOTHING

Which is, as well as the title of an ex-Replacement Tommy Stinson song from the album Bash and Pop, exactly what I have accomplished thus far today. I must have been awake too late last night. My brother called at 10 am and I was still asleep. Of course it was the brother who makes a big deal out of calling at 10am and finding you still alseep. I should have lied and said I was unloading groceries from the car. NE-way (that's my new way to write Anyway. Aren't I clever? Nope, just bored with the old way.) I got up then, had breakfast, read part of two books, had breakfast again and decided to do laundry. Since then I have been on the computer three times, considered posting the first two times and changed my mind. I answered two emails and wrote one new one. I attempted to decipher a dream that was sent to me and found that I needed more information, so wrote another email. (I have no make-up on and am still in my jammies.) Then I ate lunch. Then I started to put some gifts away that were still under the tree. I know, shut up. I'm not finished looking at my tree yet. Or the other pretty decorations. I am however, finally putting all the boxes and bags of wrapping paper and ribbon and gift tags back in the attic where they belong. JuJu called and I talked to her and little JuJu for a bit. Then I looked at the clock and thought I should start planning dinner. I checked email instead. Then I put new cds in the player. I am on my second cup of coffee, it's 4:24 pm. I need to go take towels out of the dryer. Maybe I should comb my hair. Nah, it doesn't look that bad. I will get the towels AND decide what to make for dinner. Then I think I will email Simon and tell him to get out his ass-kickin' boots and come and give me a good swift one. Cause I sure ain't doin' nuthin' like makin' the most outta life today. I ain't doin' squat. And ya know what? It kinda feels good.
STHTTMML: The husband came down stairs and walked up behind me in the kitchen. He said to me "What are you doing?" and scared the holy crap outta me. I jumped about an inch, both feet left the floor I swear. It took me five minutes to stop laughing.
GSL: "I'm blinded by the obsession/ The heat of Summer beckons. Blue, green and red are the colors on the sidewalk/ Outside the buildings echo. The sound of the wind and I hear the sound of my heartbeat in my ears. Wrap a ribbon around your finger. Someday you will remember what it felt like in her arms. She could make you laugh, she could make you cry, show you dark things deep inside." From "Color of the Sun" by the Willard Grant Conspiracy. Awesome song.
RQ: "It is the leisured, I have noticed, who rebel the most at an interruption of routine." - Phyllis McGinley

1 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

Some days you need do just do nothing, you don't feel productive at the time, but its wonderful to do nothing but shower in the morning and change from one pair of jammies to another and be a lil unproductive for once.

You deserve it!!

11:35 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home