Monday, January 16, 2006

TINY PIECES

Yeah, I'm pickin' em up today. But before I go there, I wanna say thank you from the bottom of my achy breaky heart to all of you in my little circle here that I've come to love and rely on. I originally thought it was kind of funny that (if you notice), with the exception of Simon, I chased away all my male readers with this "Oooooh, Scary Female Stuff!" posting. But I have since been consoled and reassured by just about everybody either through email or IM. What a great bunch of friends I've made here. I wish I could get you all in a room together so we could all have a group hug. Am I making you gag yet? Oh, and what do we think this says about Simon and the size of his testic- um... heart?
*Sound of large sigh being heaved* I feel about 63% better. What my sister (The Greatest Aunt) said in yesterday's comments really made sense and I feel less like I had a breakdown and more like I was performing necessary maintenance. And I was holding a lot in and it did need to come out. Was just really scary when I couldn't calm down. I'm not good when I'm not in control.
Are we all like that? What made this odd for me is that normally I don't turn to other people for help with problems. I'm not even sure why I posted about the whole ordeal. I think it was a combination of thinking "This is my damn diary and I'll write what I want" and "Gee, I wonder what would happen if I got REALLY personal on my blog?". In actuality though, I think it was probably just home-fried desperation. At any rate I feel better. And I learned a little something too, and it's that you (I) don't have to hold things in and (try to) deal with them by your(my)self. See, a girl is never too old to learn shit. Just to wear short skirts and a bikini chain. ;-)
I need not remind you to take time today to honor the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. in whatever respect you see fit. He made the world a better place for us all.
STHTTMMS: Realizing that the world isn't really that big after all.
GSL: "I'm not talking 'bout movin' in and I don't wanna change your life. But there's a warm wind blowing the stars around and I'd really love to see you tonight." I'd Really Love to see You Tonight, England Dan and John Ford Coley 1975. Oh my gawd, the haircuts...
RQ: "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."- Martin Luther King Jr.
Thanks again ***

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never share anything either, as a rule. (Must be a family trait.) But if I ever do, I pity the poor person that is on the receiving end.

9:29 PM EST  
Blogger Jaco said...

We could go walkin' through a windy park. Take a drive along the beach. Or stay at home and watch tv. You see it really doesn't matter much to me... Happy to hear that you're better...

If you haven't already, "Let's Dance" D. Bowie.

8:45 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you dig through my blog you would find some pretty personal stuff. Sometimes I just have to let it out. Sometimes it comes off as being whiney, others it sounds just plain scary. Some I have even removed so they wouldn't call the men in the white coats.

2:48 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of you.

4:28 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Simon,
Most men come with testicumbrains. You are one of the rare and wonderful endowed with the more desirable of the two.

5:51 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home