Thursday, January 12, 2006

MEET ME DOWN THE ALLEY

No particular reason for this post, consequently no particular reason for the title. Don't imagine I'll be needing it for inspiration at any time in the future. So I'll use it today. It feels right.

By the way, in case any of you cared, I got that contact out of my head. And the pod is still sitting on my desk, empty. We glare at one another every so often. He's winning, sad to say.
I broke a tooth today eating one of those yummy stupid Mary Jane candies in the red and yellow wrapper. Not recommended.
JoJo brought the Lifehouse cd today for me to listen to. What a sweetie. Hanging on a Moment is just so cool, especially with the vroooom vrooom motorcycle. I love it.
I can honestly say that I have not had one crave today for a smoke. Which is pretty effin' amazing considering that I was entertaining the thought of killing for one the past two days. Also, I am a little wee bit sad to report that those new 7 pounds seem to have disappeared. I was kind of looking forward to holding on to them. Sometimes I fantasize about having a "womanly" figure as opposed to whatever you call this that I do have.
My husband (you'd love him, really!) shamed me into dropping this bomb- *deep cleansing breath* Ready? *exhale* I'll not be posting for the next couple of days since the grandkids will be visiting and I must "get my priorities in order". Like I would actually take time away from them to sit here and bang on this keyboard for the enjoyment of myself and a bunch of strangers, for crying out loud. What must he think I was thinking??? Actually, maybe it's better this way. I seem to be intimidating all the lurkers out there. (I imagined that it would be embarrassing to invite lurkers to delurk and not have any response. But I had no idea it would be this humiliating. If you were my real friends, you would make up some crap and sign it anonymously just to make me feel good.)
While I am on the subject, may I say how fun and rewarding this blogging thing has been for me in the short time I've been at it (since Thanksgiving). You are the best readers I could ever ask for and you make me laugh and you make me strong and you make me, um, write. Maybe someday we can do one of those online party things. (Simon, you're in charge of dip, Darling.)
Too tired to do the Capital letter abbreviations and the :s Thanks for understanding.
Nighty night! :-) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsnorezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

9 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

I have a Firehouse cd here somewhere. Hugs and kisses to the JuJu's for I probably will not see them while they are home.

Thanks for the compliment I really needed it today :-s

Lots of Love.

9:12 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you and if I can tear myself away for a couple days, so can you ;)It will be worth it, unless I am being bitchy, in which case you may go blog with my blessing.

10:04 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

JoJo, didja see, I wrote Firehouse instead of Lifehouse. I got fire and you on the brain. I didn't even know there is a band Firehouse!

10:25 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Ju,
I am just as excited to see you! We will not be bitchy, we will drink wine and laugh at the kids. When they sleep, you will teach me everything you know about html. Or we will shop and watch movies. You can pick. You want orange dip?

10:29 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if y'all quit chatting with one another, a damn person could post a damn comment. JK. heh

11:06 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm thinking you should use e-mail for these conversations. Jk. Heh

11:06 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me in charge of the dip rather than referring to me as one. I probably wasn't going to post a comment otherwise. Keepin' the streak alive!!

Better than streaking, I suppose

3:01 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running up the post count here, sorry. I just wanted to say I'll miss you while you're gone.

9:48 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, all my dear dear friends *mwah*

12:58 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home