Tuesday, January 10, 2006

C'MON, C'MON, C'MON
I've been working on a post that I can't quite make say what I want it to. It's the first one so far that hasn't just fallen out of my head and ended up here. (Weird visual, huh.) I type a few lines, read it and then re-save it in Drafts. It's probly gonna be there for awhile or until I get sick of it and delete it. Hang around though, cause if I do finish it and like it, it may be a doozie.
Isn't that a cool word, "doozie"? There are a lot of words I like. And some I can't say. People at work make fun of me. Mostly, there are words that I was taught were "not nice". Some of those stuck. Otherwise, there are things that "ladies" just don't say. And since first and foremost, if nothing else, I am, a Lady. Consequently, I cannot say (or type) d---o, d--g, and two or three others. I don't know why I'm telling you this. Are there words you can't or won't say? The girls at work spent all last Spring teaching me to say "beaver". I still hesitate, but I can get it out. But I will never, ever say the n word and the f word that have two g's in the middle.
I'll never forget once in Art school. I was 32 and everyone else in the class was 18 or so, mostly boys. They were discussing a certain girl who we all considered a "twit". They would never let me forget that I said, "Ah, she's a tw-t." Yes, there's a bit of difference.
There's still an open invitation to the lurkers. You're more than welcome. But I need to run. Make yourself at home. :-)
STHTTMML: Simon's poem from yesterday and the fact that neither of us could find a good musical personality that rhymed with "-assy" other than Shirley Bassey...
GSL: All the words to "Hanging by a Moment" by Lifehouse. I heard this song today for the first time in ages and it is one good song.

5 Comments:

Blogger JoJo said...

That place where ya work has a tendency to teach very good people very BAD things. I'm proof positive of that fact. *lol*

I keep forgetting to ask...did you ever manage to get your music on your 'my-god?'

5:11 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I had forgotten about you not being able to say those words. I almost peed right in my pants when I read "d---o and d--g"!!

2:23 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that 'doozie' comes from an early 20th century German car called a Deuzenberg, which was so ostentatious for its time that its nickname, 'doozie', quickly became the colloquialism we all know today?

NEAT!!

(And I don't get d--g or the F word with 'gg' in the middle.)

6:43 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And another thing...

This post reminded me of a camping trip long ago with an uncle who taught me that for many years while he was growing up, his father (my grandfather) was most probably just as uptight about certain words as you seem to be. (Not that I'm calling you uptight in general, no, just in some ways semantically. That's all.)

But anyway, turns out that my uncle was older than most boys when he found out that he had a penis and not a 'pibber'. Also that when he was taking a 'ba', what he was really doing was taking a poo.

So you're not alone, my dear...

1:28 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

"Pibber"? I love it! I hope you don't mind I have to use that word. Every chance I get...

8:13 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home