Wednesday, December 28, 2005

UNSATISFIED

Imagine that feeling of being unsatisfied. Sometimes you feel it after a meal when the food was just not quite filling. Some times you feel it after a movie you had looked forward to watching, only to find that the ending could have been way, way better. You might feel it when you get your Christmas bonus and find that they've taken taxes out and left you with a fraction of your original prize. Maybe, just maybe, every few years or so, you might have a sexual interlude that didn't quite set off the fireworks you're used to. Maybe the steamer thing you ordered from the in-home shopping network doesn't quite sanitize all the tools in your garage (and the neighbors') in the way you'd hoped, Chris. Anyway, you're familiar with the feeling. Now multiply that feeling by a gazillion and imagine having it every waking hour of your day. I have not had a cigarette for almost 61 hours. Very shortly I plan to have mind-blowing sex with a huge chocolate bar drenched in peanut butter and Drambuie on a beach in the South of France until I can't see straight. If that doesn't work, I'm in bigger trouble than I originally anticipated.
Disclaimer: In my present state of mind, I am not responsible for and/or have absolutely no control over my thoughts, actions or opinions stated here or tattooed on my forehead , or plastered on the telephone pole standing outside my house.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Ju Ju's Mom!

Yes I can relate to that particular feeling. But, never having been a smoker, not quite in the way you must be feeling right about now.

Big kudos on 61 hours!! (Much longer though by the time I leave this comment...)

And yeah; pets can be hard to deal with. Especially with a toddler and a foetus taking priority.

Likin' the new blog!

6:25 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa- You're scaring me now! Maybe I shall NEVER quit!

7:25 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing great...I'm so proud of you!! LittleJuJu, most importantly, is so proud of you. Thanks for setting the example that you can do anything you set your mind to do.

8:52 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home