Monday, December 26, 2005

JINGLE

(The only Replacements song title left that I could find that had anything at all to do with Christmas...)

I'm only posting tonight to pacify my friend Tammy who claims to be going through "withdrawl" since no one is posting.

I had a really really wonderful time the last couple of days. I enjoyed almost all of my family, the food was terrific, mostly everybody was happy and the weather couldn't have been much uglier. All in all I had a good holiday. I got a ridiculous number of really awesome gifts which I don't even remotely deserve. I think everyone enjoyed their gifts. I turned SNL on Christmas Eve and the Catholic Mass was being broadcast and I sat there and pretended I was at church. Far cry from my original intention but it felt good.
I am now a little over 20 hours smoke- free. I have experienced the weirdest array of emotions today. Probly the longest time I have actually not thought of smoking may have been about 15 minutes at the very most. It seems like the more I try not to think of smoking, I just end up obsessed with the idea of lighting a cigarette. And the teeniest little things will set me off. You're going to laugh, because I'm going to sound all paranoid but, can you hallucinate when you are getting off nicotine, etc? I'm sitting here typing and I keep seeing little black things out of the corner of my eye scurrying across the desk. I think I'll quit now, it's freaking me out. I'll come back later and finish. After I gorge my face with junk and have a few more drinks and maybe a coffee. I'm doing fine. Jeff, how are you? I wish I had started quitting the same day you did. Going to go get a fly swatter now, I'll be back. Twitch, twitch.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dear GOD in heaven- Thank You! Those little black things you are seeing- I sent! Relax! You can do this! (BIG for someone who has NEVER tried!) Hang, I'm sure it will go fine!
Don't worry about answering E-mail, I was desperate! I SO enjoyed very many NEW blogs to tell you about!
Keep posting- I'm addicted!

9:09 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would be surprised what your body and mind can get up to when it thinks you are depriving it of something.
Hang in there, I have faith in you and for good measure I will put you on my prayer list!

I made it through today without lighting up and let me tell you, everything was fighting me today. I will post about it later after I have made Sears pay for the grief they have caused me.

10:52 PM EST  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I quit 5 1/2 years ago. It gets better I swear!

11:09 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home