Friday, December 23, 2005

TWO DAYS 'TIL TOMORROW

... is the answer to the question, "Wink, what is your most wished-for-to-come-true fantasy, right this very minute?" I'm in the middle of gift wrapping. This is just about my most favoritest part of pre-holiday preparation. I have no clue when or where or, in some cases, why I bought all the gifts I did. I swear I must have been on drugs on a shopping trip or two, since I'm finding things I don't recall purchasing. I'm starting to wonder if I have a shop-lifting alter-ego. That can't be, I have receipts to prove otherwise. I must have found some really enticing sales which would explain why I bought three of two different items...

(it is becoming more apparent daily that we need to purchase another computer- not that that would happen, of course, but these on-line shopping snooze bid reminder things keep popping up in the corner and are starting to piss me off. I hear this ridiculous boing sound and look up and the whole last sentence I typed isn't there but the hubby needs to raise his bid on that dvd I never heard of...)

Anyway, back to the wrapping. I have to keep stopping to go look for the appropriate-sized box or to go get another cd or to refill my drink or to answer the phone or to see why the neighbor's dog is barking or whatever. No, I don't. I'm lying. I have to keep getting up because my legs fall asleep every ten minutes. Don'tcha know the only effective, efficient way to wrap Christmas gifts is to spread everything out in piles all over the biggest chunk of floor space you can find. If you're lucky you won't kneel on the tape dispenser. That hurts like a bitch.
I seem to have inherited my daughter's penchant for bad language when I'm posting. Funny how that generational thing works backwards in our family... I got all her bad habits ;-) Oh, and before I forget, Thank You JuJu for installing the link in yesterday's post to my newly non-smoking mentor, Jeff A.'s site. People might be tricked into believing that I actually know what I'm doing here. Yippee for Jeff!
My brain is getting over-stimulated and I'm having trouble managing complete thoughts. Being that there is, in actuality, only one day (not even!) 'til tomorrow, Christmas Eve, I'm thinking I should close and allow you all to get back to your own Holiday Readiness Drills. Since you may not read here tomorrow, allow me to leave you with this thought:
I wish you all the most wonderful, blessed Christmas full of good cheer and happy times.
STHTTMMS: I received a beautiful note from Mike wishing me a Merry Christmas that is going in a Keepers folder :-) Merry Christmas to you, my Friend.
GSL: All the words to "The Little Drummer Boy", including pa-rum-pa-pum-pum.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Lin,
I have yet to start wrapping, but I agree on spreading everything out on the biggest space you have- I just did that this afternoon to send hubby out to buy 3 more presents!
I have to be honest and tell you that yes, I did notice sunset but NOT on my own, my youngest daughter pointed it out to me! Of all things I wish for my children, I hope they carry the appreciation of the sunrise & the sunset with them forever! So far, they both prove that this had made quite the impression on them! Many, many times we have truly loved pointing it out to each other! I'm glad that you and I share this too!
Have a wonderful Christmas and birthday for little JuJu!
Keep on bloggin', Im reading!
Love,
TAM

10:36 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought some beef jerky today and I had no idea it tasted this good.

I haven't wrapped a darn thing yet, I really should get on that now.

12:09 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home