Sunday, November 27, 2005

TIME FLIES TOMORROW

Just in case my post titles don't seem to always make sense to you, don't assume that they don't make sense to me. If you had been around in the early 80's, you might be familiar with a band called the Replacements (sometimes referred to as The 'Mats- like in "place mats"- get it?). Then again, I was around in the 80's, and I had never heard of them until a bit over a year ago when they quickly became my second-favorite band of all time. Whenever possible, I will use one of their song titles for a post title or inspiration. That out of the way, on to why I chose this song title for today's writing.

I have just come off one of the fastest five-day-spans of my life. My lovely daughter and her two beautiful children were here for that many days to help us celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. It seems like they arrived, ate, slept a bit, played some and then packed up and drove off. Like a blur. I had a wonderful visit and hope they did too, but man alive, couldn't the clock have slowed just a teeny bit so I could savor the precious hours we had together? Someone explain to me then, why does one 8-hour work day feel longer than these past five days???

Speaking of the workday, I must close now and deposit these weary bones into my nice warm bed which sits beside that dreaded alarm clock which is set for 4:45 am. Please, please, please, let time fly tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger FĂ«anor said...

You know, sometimes I told myself that really, I was only technically on the job for six hours a day... having the rest to myself... but this didn't help when I was in the thick of it and losing control. A minute could seem like an hour... sweet relief at the end of the day... followed by another... ICK! (11/27 post)

12:34 AM EDT  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

F'nor: Now that I'm working the night shift, the weekends go even faster. It's like, technically, I only have 1 day off. Sleep when I get home on Friday morning cause I'm tired and then on Sunday to get prepared for the work night. Saturday is my only free entire day of the week.
(written 7/21/06)

4:36 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home