Thursday, December 29, 2005

HAPPY TOWN

Yessirree, this is my happy place. I woke up today at 8am, sans alarm. How great is that. I leisurely sauntered downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee- at an acceptable pace, not sopping water all over the counter and running into the stove door handle because I was not in a rush. Normally at that point I would make my way to the basement for my day's first smoke. While I did feel a tug (medium strong) in that direction, instead I thought to myself, "Hmmm, I have a free day to myself to fill as I please. What shall I do first?" As my brain is not accustomed to working in slow-mo at this time of day (except of course when I am at work...), it took me just a little while to process my choices and make a decision. I decided to come online and see how many times I could be "first commenter" on my daily reads. A small thrill, but a thrill nonetheless. Once I start the new job, which entails a ridiculous amount of overtime hours, I may never have the chance to read before evening. I will be sleeping in on all my days off I'm guessing. Crap, I wasn't going to think about that. So I'll quit.
JuJu and I didn't get a chance to sit down for my blogging lesson. I was all ready to post pictures, use bullets, use links in my text, all kinds of cool stuff. But alas, it appears that I shall be an amateur blogger for a time longer. I'm halfway intelligent, I suppose I could figure some of that out on my own, but I am not inclined to blindly attempt to go where I've not ventured before, especially where technology is involved. That's just asking for trouble for me.
I am going to go begin my day now. I have about 47 things I would like to accomplish today. Of course in a leisurely manner, unrushed and without the benefit of nicotine. My Happy Town.
STHTTMML: Was IM-ing with JuJu late last night. She had read my post about the dead inflatables and was like, "Mom! That's what they do when they're not on! They're supposed to look like that!" I'll be darned ;-)
GSL: "Oh, I just died in your arms tonight It must have been some kind of kiss." from (I Just) Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew 1987

2 Comments:

Blogger Shooter said...

Every time hubby and I hear that song, we sing it, "I just dined on your arms tonite." Sick but funny none-the-less.

10:04 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Actually Jazz, I read that the song title originated from an expression from the Elizabethan Era that meant "to experience an orgasm" Go figure... Leave it to the Brits.

10:13 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home