Sunday, January 07, 2007

MUSIC IS MY LIFE

I think I'm in love again. New music I'm getting into- Regina Spektor, Begin To Hope in particular. And a song called Fidelity (the video here) especially. While you're there, if you liked Fidelity, watch Samson. It makes me cry. [I always had this weird affinity for Delilah, I think I was her in another life. But that's a story for another day.] Please watch/listen and then try and convince me she's not All That. The video is pretty cool, though the ending is kind of um, messy. I never even heard of her before last Thursday. Now I plan to plug a good-sized chunk of her into my new iPod. Which reminds me, when PD contacted those people and tole them how whacko my pod was acting, they said to return it and they would send a new one. Liars sent my old one back to me. Haven't had time to play with it but it better be functional. The least they could have done was left all my Bought-and-Paid-for iTunes on the damn thing.

Got some bad news today about my favorite musician, PW. Feel really bad aboot it. If you're interested, go here. The Dec. 20th post.

Now for my long-awaited list of favorite cds for the last year. Keep in mind, they are not all current or released in 2006. I'm not fast in all respects. ;-) They are in no particular order.

Y'all are gonna wanna smack me in the ass but due to an unexpected chain of events, I'll not be finishing this post today as planned. Music is my life??? Not today, my friends. Today my life is answering phones, making phone calls, consoling, cajoling, caroling (oh wait, not that) and making multiple attempts at finishing this lame post. Oh and laundry and checkbook balancing and crap like that.

The unexpected chain: My daughter spent the better part of the wee morning hours at the ER with her lone self and a kidney stone. Honest to Pete, we had just talked aboot that very thing on the phone yesterday. Until the birth of her third baby, she had always believed that the pain associated with passing a kidney stone was more painful than giving birth. Babe #3 changed her mind. She had experience with a stone years ago and was surprised that her first delivery (and then the second) paled in comparison to the pain passing a stone. Anyway, she feels ok right now and the stone is only 1 millimeter but I'm pretty sure she'll feel it in the next day or two.

Also my nephew is having surgery tomorrow morning for a collapsed lung. He's had to postpone an important job interview already and will likely, again. He's a college student and due back in classes before his recovery time will be up. He's Hazel's son, incidentally. Her SO has the flu.

Can it get worse? I'm sure but I'm hoping not to find out. It's hard trying to keep all these people laughing. Music is my life. Yeah. And Laughter is the Best Medicine.

*******************************************

2 Comments:

Blogger Moksha Gren said...

My iPod has been sent off to that mysterious service center three times. However, it has returned each time with music intact. I was told last time I brough it in that if I had one mor eproblem before my three year warrenty expired...they woudl just replace it no questions asked. So I replied, "You mean that if I brought this thing in on the day before my warrenty expired with a...oh say...base ball bat shaped dent in it...you guys would just hand me a new one?" The guy looked nervous...like he suddenly remembered why he wasn't supposed to tell customers about that policy. "Um...yeah." Sadly, I forgot about that invitation and let my warrenty expire.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

4:11 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Si: Thanks Darlin', I knew that or assumed it, one or the other. Only thing I have to do now is figure out how to get it from Media Player into iTunes. Wish me luck.
She's awesome, no??? I'll gladly share her with you. I'm guessing her name rhymes with Farina and not vagina, are you with me on this one?
Thanks for thinking of Ju :-)

MoGren: Thanks for that juicy tidbit. 'Preciate it. LOL the baseball bat. I've wanted to do that so many times...
Thanks for your thoughts :-)

4:48 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home