Monday, January 01, 2007

NOT EVEN A KISS ...

As if it isn't embarrassing enough to be sitting home in front of a keyboard on New Year's Eve... I will probably be the only one in the Blogosphere with a post up this morning. Now if there was a rilly, rilly cool prize for the first post of 2007, I'd be laughing at alla' you. But if there is, I don't know anything aboot it. So I guess that just makes me lame.

But no, I'm pitiful. Ju called at midnight, God bless her, and I hated to tell her PD was in bed and I was in front of the computer. But hey, that's how it was. (is.) Actually, we had been invited to a party very close to home, which I was thrilled aboot. Mostly because I could enjoy a few drinks and not have to worry aboot driving home, I could drink and walk without too much trouble. But PD had felt like crap all day, took a nap and woke up feeling even worse. I spent the day with my mom and came home around 7 pm expecting a fun night out with friends.

Instead, I ripped some music and looked at Flickr pics and read aboot a hundred blogs. Then I even Googled One Wink at a Time. And check out something I found- a blog I'd commented on back in January of last year. It's funny. Click here to read the post; my comment is way down near the bottom. What it's aboot is some guy who objects to, of all things, winking.

I guess now I'll go take my make-up off, brush all the goo outta my hair, take off these tight jeans and party-going sweater and put me on some sweatpants and welcome in the New Year with another drink and maybe some funky music, white boy.

I hope you all had a rip-roaring, havoc-wreaking good time last night and no hangover today.
And I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2007 and may all your dreams come true.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My Horoscope: January 1, 2007
You are likely to have always been artistic in one way or another, Linda, but today you might realize that your creativity is more extensive and insightful than you previously thought. Perhaps the work of a great poet, musician, painter, or dramatist might awaken new ideas and inspiration. Make some notes; keep a record of the works you saw or heard so that you can go back to them again later. Also write down any dreams you may have.
Combined with the fact that this is New Year's Day, the current planetary aspect may find you feeling in a more thoughtful frame of mind. You are certainly not in the mood to make any promises without a lot of careful consideration. Thoughts about the future of a particular relationship may also be uppermost in your mind. Whilst you realize just how much you have to offer each other, wait before making an irrevocable decision.

***************************** 2007 ******************

6 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

Actually, I had my posts prepared at 12:01am, but I waited and edited the times so I wouldn't look like the geek-loser I am. But at least JT was hanging out with me here. A most enjoyable tradition we have, but I'm sure you'll read about it later on.
Happy new Year!

5:53 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

M+: You callin' me a geek-loser??? LOL Guess that makes two of us :-)

6:09 PM EST  
Blogger M+ said...

No, I beat you to that title. And JT wasn't far behind me.

7:11 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and PD! My evening wasn't much more exciting. We went to my sister's house and left immediately after the ball dropped-we were all barely keeping our eyes open for that! I hope PD gets feeling better. We've passed the ickies around the family, hopefully you won't get it! Have a wonderful blustery evening!

Natalie

7:18 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Natalie: Glad you're feeling better. But... are... you... getting... old??? When I was your age I was still wreaking havoc on New Year's Eve ;-) I guess you weren't feeling well. That's a good excuse. It is windy, isn't it? Whew.

8:40 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

NYE is great fun for us, but few make it to midnight anymore. In fact, only three or four of the nine staying in one house were up to ring in the New Year.

Oh well... at least I was one of them.

1:49 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home