Saturday, December 30, 2006

MUSIC FAVORITES (Singles) FOR 2006

These are in no particular order. Some are new, some are old, some I didn't appreciate fully the first time around. Some, I'm just getting around to now. And lots, I'm sure, I'm forgetting. It's just a sampling of what I've listened to and loved this past year. Sorry, couldn't find links for a couple.

Crazy ~ Gnarls Barkley
Train ~ Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise
Flying on a Blue Dream ~ Joe Satriani
Blood Red Summer ~ Coheed and Cambria
16 Horses,
Circles ~ Soul Coughing
The Revolution Starts Now ~ Steve Earle
Lonely No More ~ Rob Thomas
Love and Memories ~ OAR
Walking After You ~ The Foo Fighters
Soul Meets Body~ Death Cab For Cutie
Cry Love ~ John Hiatt
You're Beautiful,
High ~ James Blunt
My Divine ~ Diana
Arc of Time,
Easy/Lucky/Free ~ Bright Eyes
Imaginary Lover,
So Into You ~ Atlanta Rhythm Section
Scarecrow ~ Beck
No One Has to Cry ~ the Fixx
Night in my Veins ~ the Pretenders
We Care A lot ~ Faith No More
It's All Been Done ~ Bare Naked Ladies
Posession ~ Sarah MacLachlan
White Flag ~ Dido
Fisherman Blues ~ The Waterboys
Breathe Me ~ Sia
Way Out ~ Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Post-War ~ M. Ward
Love You in the Fall ~ Paul Westerberg
And just aboot Everything by ~ The Cure

I had a nother whole list going but I seem to have misplaced it. There's a bunch by Collective Soul and I know I'm forgetting some newer stuff. Crazy and Train are right up at the top of my list, I am sure of that.

Join me in wishing Wonderful Paul Westerberg a Happy 47th birthday. Love and Hugs, Paul!

*********************************************

9 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

Nice list. Not too familiar with much of it, but the ones I do recognize, I do really enjoy.

9:30 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure they are all wonderful-cause you have great taste in music. Probably I've heard lots of them, but ya know I was never really good at "name that tune"! I listened a lot to Black Eyed Peas this year-for some reason they just put me in a good mood! I'm sure your list could go on forever and a day, but now that I stay at home the listening time is limited. So for now I'll be sheltered!
8)Natalie

10:25 PM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Excellent list, Wink. I was happy to see Soul Coughing on your list...I loved those guys. Have you had a chance to hear Mike Doughty's solo stuff. It's produced by Dave Matthews and I actually enjoy it more than the Sould Coughing stuff.

Also cool to see OAR on there. My brother and his frat friends have been singing them as drinking songs for years. It's kinda cool that they are getting noticed finally. Jet dragged me to one of their live shows earlier this year and they were alot of fun.

10:58 PM EST  
Blogger M+ said...

Just thought I'd pop in to say "thanks" for the comments you left at my blog. I have my own responses there. I know you're still a "new visitor", so go ahead and take your time getting up to speed on the inner workings of my life. You'll find I'm an interesting individual.
Also, I'm going to blogroll you into my "Blogs I Visit" sidebar.

5:22 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Natalie: Ha! You reminded me of a song I forgot- Where is the Love?! I love that song.

Mo'Gren: Yeah, some of his older stuff I wasn't crazy about, didn't know about DM.
Better than SC??? Will have to check it out. As for OAR, I only know the one song, should I listen to more?

M+: You're welcome.

10:00 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

As far as OAR goes...I don't know whether to recommend it or not. The older stuff is much less polished but much more fun to sing along with. Take that for what it's worth.

Mike Doughty's Haughty Melodic cd is the one I really like. It's much simpler than his SC days...but the songs have more meaning...actual writing as apposed to catchy repeated phrases. It feels more sincere if that makes sence.

2:19 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mogren: OAR has old stuff??? Man, I thought they were new. I'm slipping. (or is it just my age showing??? Gah!)
Actually, Haughty Melodic is the one and only Mike D. that I'm familiar with. Of course, feeling sincere makes sense to me... I'm a feeling-kinda-gal.

Mr. Fab: I LO-O-O-VE John Hiatt. I have pretty much all his stuff except for his latest release, and I need to have it. Don't you just love Lipstick Sunrise??? That man's voice is the male equivalent of Joan Armatrading- rich and thick like molasses and just as yummy. Nice of you to stop by. Any fan of John's is a fan- er, friend of mine ;-) Cool pic.

1:17 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Happy New Year, Wink!

2:07 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Thanks, Moke, you too :-)

11:16 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home