Monday, January 01, 2007

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE WHINER...

...at the keyboard last night. Feeling sorry for oneself and alcohol do not an attractive coupling make. Wah, wha, wha. :-Þ Nor do the after-effects of said combination.

Did, however, find the other list of my favorite singles of the past year. And it plays something like this:

Sundown ~ Elwood
Spaceship ~ Angie Aparo
Ten O'Clock Your Time ~ The Waxwings
Hot One~ Shudder to Think
Joy ~ Gay Dad
Free to Go ~ Folk Implosion
Barrel of a Gun ~ Guster
Falling Star ~ Showoff
Legends ~ Indigo Spirit
For the Movies ~ Buck Cherry
Afrika Shox ~ Leftfield
Scars ~ Witness UK
Consolidation ~ Impermanence/Gravity Remix
Reality Check ~ OPM
The Crystal Lake ~ Granddaddy
Touch And Go ~ Vibrolush
Hyperspace ~ Nada Surf
To Be Young (Is to be Sad) ~ Ryan Adams
Rollin' Tumblin' ~ R. L. Burnside
Bongo Bong ~ Manu Chao
Give You All the Love ~ Mishka
Hum ~ Splashdown
Beatbox Rocker ~ Westbam
Peace Tonight ~ Indigo Girls
Color of the Sun ~ Willard Grant Conspiracy
Mr. E's Beautiful Blues ~ Eeels
Mary's Son ~ Unamerican
Flake ~ Jack Johnson
Broken ~ Everlast
Calamity Jane ~ Grant Lee Phillips
Let There Be Love ~ Icehouse
Ruby ~ Jambone

I know I'm missing some, but if I don't soon get this posted, I won't.

Worked most of today trying to get my studio back in an operational state. I took "before" pictures and when I'm done, I'll post them with an "after" picture. It should be amusing.

My horoscope told me to take care of that... And while I'm on the subject, I'm excited to find that later this week, an ex-lover (a Cancer no less) is going to contact me and ask me for a favor. Hmmn.

*********************************************

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I feel so out of it. I recognized only eight of those group/artist names.

1:46 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

I win!!! I recognize 11 of the bands. But that's still a pretty small number concidering the length of the list.

And there's just something about the word "ex-lover" that seems so scandelous.

10:07 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Mark: Don't feel out of it, I'm an extreme case. I have a friend, Mo who makes ME feel out of it. I get some of my taste from him, the rest I come across in magazines and if something sounds interesting, I check it out. I also buy a lot of soundtrax and compilations. But I am discriminating... I would love to make you a disc of some of my favorites if you'd let me. And if I can talk PD into it ;-)

Si: Thanks for the compliment. I should have my studio in working order in a few days. It will still appear as a page out of Where's Waldo, though. But I'll know where my shit is.

Mogger: I had a feeling you would come out on top in this category but I would have thought you'd recognize more than 11.
Scandalous? You're getting to know me, aren't you??? ;-)

5:26 PM EST  
Blogger M+ said...

I got nuthin'...
Actually I recognized a few of the artists, but not necessarily any of the song titles.
I just live in my own little musical world.

9:02 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home