Thursday, January 11, 2007


FEELING DOWN + SCISSORS = ???

Ok, maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

I've been feeling like I'm not looking my best lately. I guess that's a kind way of saying "like heck." Every woman in the universe knows what I mean. The tan is gone, the tummy could use some toning, hair is blah, skin getting dry, just general crap. The kinds of things that make passing a mirror an Olympic event. Quick dash. You just want to put a bag over your head, grab your sweats and hide from the world. Having to go to work everyday where there are actual people makes it that much worse. I haven't felt like this in a long time. The only thing I really have any instant control over is the hair. So I grabbed the scissors after dinner and proceeded to do what is surely going to piss off my hair stylist. Oh well. She'll probly get over it before I do.

It's not that my hair looks that bad. I've cut my own hair most of my life and up until a couple of years ago, no professional had ever touched my hair. So I did know what I was doing. I just cut it a little shorter than anyone with a brain in January in the Northeast would.

Oh well, it's done now. I guess I'll have to make friends with a hat for a bit. Me and Cecily can occupy our minds with something way bigger and much more important. (No, Cecily is not real and I don't even know anyone by that name.) Let's see, what can we think aboot?

I think this was my first "Girly Post"...

********************************************

14 Comments:

Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Fab: Um... Please. I, uh, I need that back ;-)

10:03 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you know what. Since it's the first I will forgive you. No wait it isn't the first. There was that one where you emptied your purse or something, gah I can't remember what it was but it was kinda girly too!

12:35 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind I found it!

http://1winkatatime.blogspot.com/2006/09/im-getting-workout.html

12:38 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Jeff: LOL Busted!!! Thank goodness someone is paying attention. I'll try to watch that. ;-) Tonight's post might be about power tools and remote control envy.

6:30 AM EST  
Blogger M+ said...

I have to admit, with it being winter and all, I'm kinda glad that I'm letting my hair grow for a little while longer.

7:36 AM EST  
Blogger 2complx said...

Too girly for me. I had no idea what you were talking about. Except cutting your own hair I would like to be able to do that. If I did it would look like I stuck my head in a blender.

9:34 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you I've never attempted to cut my own hair. I would probably go into extreme depression. Although my hair is usually kept long enough to just pull back so that's how I avoid it! As for your hat, you could always borrow one of those lovely blue ones!

Natalie

10:44 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

I used to pay people to cut my hair. It made my hair look nice and it was an excuse to get a scalp massage from a pretty lady. But the last time I went (a few months ago), they butchered my hair. And I just didn't care. I realized that I just don't care enough abotu my hair to spend money on it. So now I stick my head over the downstair wash sink once a week and trim it all down to uniform length with a #3 guard. I'll not win any beauty contests...but I figure I've already won my mate in the genetic battle...so free and dorky wins over expensive and suave.

However, since it seems to matter more to you...I hope it's not too bad. And if it is...well...I hope you have some nice hats and that your hair grows fast.

Also...this is the good thing about webby-friends. We wouldn't know if you dyed your hair orange and shaved it into a mowhawk. We love ya for you, Wink.

11:38 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you for you too, but I'm sorry...I'm going to need a picture.

2:14 PM EST  
Blogger ... said...

I trim my hair on my own....can't spend the money on such a thing when I can do it myself (my hair is curly, thick and halfway down my back so if I mess up, no one knows).

I understand your feelings, I just did some red wash out color in mine the other day, just to spruce things up a bit....it is just the winter blahs...a few nice days and you'll be a new woman with no problem.

2:56 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

M+: Yeah, cause cold ears just don't cut it. (no pun intended)

TC: Aw man. That sounds painful. I've seen a couple pics of you with radically different haircuts.

Nat: Actually I'm into the green ones these days. Equally lovely.

Mokker: You know, I never made a friend because of the way my hair looked. I don't care as much as I used to but it's a woman thing. I would give anything to do what you do. But only in summer. Up until a couple years ago I had my hair way long and I still miss it when my neck gets cold. Mine looks fine, that's not the problem. Cold ears and neck is. (are?) Bless you, webby (?) friend. lol

Ju: It looks the same as usual minus about an inch...

4:22 PM EST  
Blogger Um Naief said...

have never cut my own hair, but i've done my bangs. i'm not too good at it though.

yeah, i'm feeling what you're saying... but i'm feeling doubly bad cuz of the pregnancy. i feel like a cow and pray that i lose all of this weight after the baby comes!!!

11:48 AM EST  
Blogger 2complx said...

funny thing, I think most of the pictures on my site were taken a few weeks apart. I just change my "style" frequently.

5:38 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Tooners: After the baby comes, you'll be too in love to worry about the extra weight...

TC: Unusual for a guy. (That's not only my answer for your comment, it's a definition of TC ;-) ) I wanna see what your hair looks like now...

6:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home