Saturday, December 02, 2006

WHEN I WOKE

Did I happen to mention that when I woke up on Friday it was 60 degrees and when I woke up today it was 28 degrees? WTF?

Speaking of wtf, I'm not sure if I heard this right but I'm pretty sure... I turn the news on in the am to check the weather. The tv is on in the background when I'm getting ready for work and I am half-tuned in to what is on. Yesterday morning I swear I heard that Oprah's topic for Monday will be "Holiday dressing for couples in their twenties." Sometimes I just think this world and it's priorities are simply and undoubtably FUBAR.

I accomplished an unbelievable amount of housework today. Just thought I'd share that because I have nothing else to report because that's all I did today. Tomorrow I plan to get all my summer clothes packed up and transported to the attic.

Well, I've successfully broken two of my own personal blogging rules in one post. One- to never revert to discussing something as boring as the weather and Two- to never revert to discussing something as mundane as housework. I guess I should retitle this post as Boring and Mundane.

It's not too late to redeem myself, er, my post. How's this:


3.2 million Firecrackers

*******************************************************

2 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

I have to agree with you that the media has lost complete touch with what is really news and what isn't. I know they are just feeding of what their public wants so it makes me especially sad to see that CNN, and MSNBC would rather cover Britney Spears and Kevin Federline than Darfur or Nigeria...because that is what our stupid public in the US wants to hear about.

That is why I have moved from all our networks and listen to BBC World, and NPR because at least I get a bit of international perspective.

Today is my first breath of fresh air from school for a week so I am going to enjoy myself caulking my new countertops, working on my hot tub, and if I am really lucky and find enough time, I might get some Christmas decoration and cards done!!! Exciting, I know, but better than doing schoolwork all day.

11:58 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MISHKA: God bless you for not being a sheep. I just sat through a telephone conversation with my dear mother telling me everything she detests about television. We have the same conversation monthly and each time I (try in vain to) tell her, that is why I do not watch tv and and she, in turn tells me that she is going to quit...
I have a sticker on my lunchbox (yeah, the old fashioned metal kind with cartoons on it) that says "Mass Media Breeds Ignorance."
Sounds like you're having a fun and productive day, good for you :-)

SIMON: Wouldn't it have been a rush to be there in person??? Yes, Opie's brain cells have been replaced by dollar signs.
Holding my breath until Monday ;-)

1:59 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home