Saturday, November 25, 2006

ON WITH THE SHOW... (Looney Toons)

By the time I finish this post, it will be officially my First Blogiversary. This is quite a thrill for me, considering the pains I've overcome to reach this milestone. I remember when my fondest wish was to have my very own blog. Thanks to JuJu who set me up and taught me some basics, I've now been blogging for an entire year. I can say that for the most part, I've enjoyed every minute. Aside from being therapeautic, the coolest thing is being able to come here every day and visit with some of the greatest people I've ever met. This has become kind of a haven for me; a place I can come and share and say how I feel and not feel judged or incriminated but accepted and even appreciated. I haven't tried to impress or put on airs. What you read here is pretty much the way I am which isn't much more or less than a work in progress.

This has been a year of changes for me. Changes in my life, how I feel and think aboot things. Readers have come and gone. Some of the craziest have been here from post #1. Some don't comment but keep in touch through email or IM. At any rate, I've come to feel that I've made some great, life-long friendships.

I had intended before this to compile a collection of some of my favorite posts over the past year. If you know me at all, you're not surprised that I haven't found the time to do that. I rilly, rilly wish I had.

It's been kind of a weird year and it's passed by incredibly quickly. There were those couple of months that I could think of nothing but how much I wanted a cigarette. I had that 7-month stint of working the night shift. I got myself a new grandbaby which is a huge deal. The past two months plus have found me feeling less than great. I've probly done more than my share of whining and complaining. For that I apologize. I hope at least once in awhile I've shared something interesting or made you think. And please, more than anything, I hope I've made you smile or laugh. Lord knows, you've all done that for me, and more.

Being that this is a big deal for me, I'm now going to pour myself a nice glass of Chianti and toast this year past.

*******************************************

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary!

It's fun, isn't it?

8:39 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Happy blogaversary, Linda!! I've only been with you for a short while now, but I'm enjoying your place. *Moksha props his feet up* You sure know how to make a person feel welcome.

11:10 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary. We've enjoyed it as much as you.

11:51 AM EST  
Blogger ... said...

Congrats on being at it for a year!!! Looking forward to reading the years that come.

2:42 PM EST  
Blogger Jaco said...

Happy blogaversary!!!

5:38 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy bloga-whatever! Though I've just recently started reading It's been nice to "keep in touch". I'll be hangin' round here for a while! Keep on bloggin'!
Love Natalie

8:40 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's good to have you here and elsewhere on the www.

12:28 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

CAS: Thanks darlin', yep, more fun than I thought possible :-)
MG: Thanks, can I get you a beer?
HAZEL: I find that hard to believe but thanks all the same :-)
MISHKA: It went so fast! Thanks :-)
NATALIE: Thanks, good to have you!
ANONYMOUS: Thanks. Where else am I?
RUBY: We should celebrate together, you know? Happy First to you too :-)

12:38 AM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Truly a great milestone, indeed and in fact. Verily, even.

You're one bad-ass blog-momma (and grandmomma, of course).

1:26 AM EST  
Blogger 2complx said...

You made me look to see how long I've been on. Happy 1st

5:43 PM EST  
Blogger Buie said...

a first Blogiversary sounds depressing

2:16 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home