Sunday, November 26, 2006

NOT EXACTLY GRANDMA'S

I had an absolutely divine holiday with the kids. I must have the most intelligent, funny, and beautiful grandchildren in the universe. Coming home and tearing myself away was very hard to do. I'm too tired tonight to do the down/upload-whatever thing with the pictures, but I will get that done before the weekend is gone. I might attempt it now but am a bit tipsy... Had to celebrate the Blogiversary and I'd promised to get caught up on a friend's blog which of course was made more enjoyable and relaxing with a couple of drinks. Bad part is, I've finished the smoked almonds and am starting on the chocolate now. Might move to pretzels next.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too. Being that I'm not feeling well and JuJu has recently birthed a babe, we opted to let Boston Market prepare our Thanksgiving dinner. We had done that once in the past and the food was great and the kitchen time was just aboot right, considering no cooking and very little clean-up. The thing was, this year they send you home with a loverly shoppin' bag filled with cold food and a nice little instruction sheet for cooking and reheating the freakin' food. And being that we had picked up piping hot food on the previous occasion, we assumed we would be picking up piping hot food this time too. Pick up time was 12:30 pm. We had planned to eat at 1 pm. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Needless to say, we did not eat at 1:00. Luckily we had ordered an appetizer of spinach/artichoke dip. It may have arrived frozen, I forget... but we cooked and served that to keep the natives from getting too restless. After much juggling of oven, burners and microwave, we finally had a pretty good dinner of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, and cornbread with pumpkin butter. It wasn't until the end of the meal that we noticed they had neglected to include the pumpkin pie that we'd ordered. Oh well, we were thankful for the other food. I still can't get over how beautifully they packaged the whole thing... But we were with loved ones and that was the very best part.

Okay, I'm going to bed now so I can get up in plenty of time to nurse this hangover in the am.

*********************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Proving once again that grandma is better than grand mal, every time.

What?

I don't know -- but glad everything worked out despite the cooled-offedness of the food you bought.

1:28 AM EST  
Blogger Moksha Gren said...

The dinner sounds like a success to me. Doesn't really matter who cooked it, so long as you got to spend time with the family. And I guess Thanksgiving is still Thanksgiving even without pumpkin pie.

11:38 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MARK: Who's doing the drinking here??? ;-) BTW I'm Nana. Grandma is some old chick...
MG: You are so right.

12:28 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home