Thursday, November 30, 2006

WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN

Where on earth has the month of November gone? And this whole year in fact? I never could quite wrap my head around the concept of time and the older I get the harder it is. I've said this before and it still floors me... Why is it that an 8-hour-long work day feels longer than a 48-hour-long weekend? And remember when you were a kid and that 3-month-long summer vacation lasted for ages??? The other day when I realized I'd been blogging for an entire year, it made my head spin. Ok, it doesn't take much to get my brain in a whirl but, geez. And some of us in my circle of bloggers have been talking aboot procrastination lately. I think those of us guilty of that mortal sin live in a different time warp. I never have time to plan ahead, let alone accomplish what needs done in any given time span. I used to love to lay in bed at night and listen to the ticking of a clock. It made me feel safe and secure for some reason. If I had a real clock now that ticked beside my bed, I fear the sound would cause me to go insane in a very short time. To actually hear the sound of time elapsing, minute by minute would be like standing in front of a time-lapse mirror (if there were such a thing) and watching lines and wrinkles appear on my face and my hair turn gray one by one. Nightmarish, to say the least.

I look at my grandkids and they seem to be growing and changing in hyper-mode. Little Juju will be seven years old in a little over three weeks. Hell, it seems like he was born aboot 3 years ago... I just want to yell at the top of my lungs, "SLOW DOWN!!!"

You're wondering what prompted this post. Maybe. On the other hand, maybe it's obvious.
Christmas is coming. Quickly. Much too. So I'm going to get my unprepared butt outta here.

It has come to my attention that my Windows Live Messenger is showing me as Offline even when I am Online. I'm trying to figure out how to remedy this but, you know... I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, if you want to talk to me, I'm probly online off and on from 4 pm to 10 pm and once in awhile between 6 and 6:30 am. Weekends, potluck. If you know how to fix this, tell me. I attempted the uninstall and reinstall thing but it's messy.

************************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Moksha Gren said...

Year by year, time does seem to be speeding up. I've tried running around in circles as close to the speed of light as I can get (for lack of a nearby blackhole) but every time I pass out from dizziness...time seems to have continued moving right along.

11:39 PM EST  
Blogger Mark said...

Hasn't it rushed by? Just crazy.

I just want to say black hole, just because everybody else is doing it.

Black hole.

There, I said it.

1:44 AM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

SI: Remember when I wrote about superpowers? Now that I think aboot it, if I could have any power, it would be to make time stand still.
MOKSHA: I'm trying to picture you doing that. Hee hee.
MARK: You said it. Was it good for you? Yer funnee.

9:47 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home