Sunday, November 19, 2006

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TAP YOUR HEELS TOGETHER THREE TIMES...

Ok, so maybe you misplaced your ruby slippers. I keep mine handy at all times... The reference may seem obscure, but what I'm getting at is that, when I listen to this song, it just kind of takes me "Home"...

I had planned to post this way back when we actually had a Harvest Moon and never got around to it. But after listening to the Neil Young Unplugged cd I bought yesterday, I decided that you all should listen to this awesome song and let it wash over you like I did and just let it take you home.

Neil Young - Harvest Moon


Harvest Moon

Come a little bit closer
Hear what I have to say
Just like children sleepin'
We could dream this night away.
But theres a full moon risin'
Lets go dancin' in the light
We know where the musics playin'
Lets go out and feel the night.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon.

When we were strangers
I watched you from afar
When we were lovers
I loved you with all my heart.
But now its gettin' late
And the moon is climbin' high
I want to celebrate
See it shinin' in your eye.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon...

*********************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

This is a great song. I wish I liked more of Neil Young's stuff, but something about his voice doesn't sit right with me. The ballads usually are my favorites.

2:54 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God it's Neil Young and NOT Neil Diamond!

1:10 PM EST  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

MARK: I'm very selective about what I do and don't like and Neil only has a few things that I really do like and this is at the top of my list.
JEFF: If I tell you to listen to Neil Diamond, are you saying you would tell me NO???? ;-) Don't worry, I won't put you in that position...

5:23 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home